Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

I don't care what anyone says. He is still my cycling hero!!! He beat everyone else, consistantly, and if he did dope, then they probably doped as well. It is a pity that the god's of sport are always floating under a dark cloud of contraversy.

Assuming that's a picture of you on your avatar, you have no room to talk !!!!

:devil:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guilty (alomost certain) or not it was still a witchunt. Guys like Hamilton, Millar and even Floyd et al - all who were caught and initially denied, are now suddenly heores. Others dead or retired also will remain heores and not investigated (Mercks, Pantani, etc etc). And armstrong loses 14 years of amazing achievements.

What happened to the truth and reconciliation idea - that is what was needed - not this selective bs of targeting only the tallest tree in the forest.

Truth and Reconciliation was USADA idea, Fat Pat ignored the request in his haste to get LA off.

The fact remains, if they all doped, then the best athlete still won....

You're missing the point. LA was the guy who forced the others to dope to remain completive and keep their livelihood.

Maybe the UCI and WADA will tell USADA to get lost. If WADA especially acknwoledges USADA claims then it means they colluded with LA to manipulate samples.

I think the acronyms have confused you. WADA and USADA are the good guys here.

No I don't admire the pirate but i wish I could have.

I loved to see him ride and was very disappointed when the facts about his drug taking came out. Its a wonderful book about a fallen hero with so much potential, destroyed by drugs.

Fair enough.

I must say, il Piarte, Ullrich, Armstrong they all get some admiration from me :thumbup:

Lemond - :thumbdown:

Its sad that all of this could possibly affect the Livestrong foundation to the detriment of cancer sufferers. It would be difficult in America to seperate this from the foundations future.

You're missing the point. LA was the guy who forced the others to dope to remain completive and keep their livelihood.

What? Doping has been around since forver. Before drugs they hopped on trains to cheat.

To single out Armstrong as they key "drug guy" is completely naive.

Sure he was "the don" of cycling for a few years but thousands cheated before him and thousands will cheat after him.

Think you should change your topic heading in line with your first sentence.

Its making Jan look bad.

Doubt that Jan will claim anything in fact he probably will say something like

nein ich mochte das nicht

You are right, didn't realise that. Don't want to make him look bad. Was always a big fan of his.

What? Doping has been around since forver. Before drugs they hopped on trains to cheat.

To single out Armstrong as they key "drug guy" is completely naive.

Sure he was "the don" of cycling for a few years but thousands cheated before him and thousands will cheat after him.

I think the point is that if you were on Lance's team and you wanted to stay there and earn selection for the big races, you had join the "lunch bag" brigade. Usada, and the Fed investigation before them, were after evidence of an organised doping programme on the team.

Fair enough.

I must say, il Piarte, Ullrich, Armstrong they all get some admiration from me :thumbup:

Fair enough.

+1 with the exception of Pantani.

Ironically that Lemond's reputation is one of the cleanest around (despite being a douchebag) - ironic that even us "old hands" don't base our support on doping.

Whats the point? I think its been a witch hunt. Only evidence they have is the testimony of cheaters, people that were still racing even though they admitted to cheating. We will never know the truth.

The testimony they have against him is sketchy at best.

It's like you arresting some kids for using, saying that you'll let them off lightly if they testify that kid<x> sold you the drugs.

I think the point is that if you were on Lance's team and you wanted to stay there and earn selection for the big races, you had join the "lunch bag" brigade. Usada, and the Fed investigation before them, were after evidence of an organised doping programme on the team.

And they happily took said lunch bag and became fast/famous/rich. That makes them as guilty as he is.

Meh - haters will be haters. It's all Lance's fault.

And they happily took said lunch bag and became fast/famous/rich. That makes them as guilty as he is.

Meh - haters will be haters. It's all Lance's fault.

Hahahahaha!

The difference here is that not many other team leaders had financial interests in the teams they rode for.

There are some who took the lunch bag and have said nothing,

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Boris+Becker+Oktoberfest+Golf+Trophy+Party+lP8hVi_ZwXPl.jpg

Cheers!

Hahahahaha!

The difference here is that not many other team leaders had financial interests in the teams they rode for.

There are some who took the lunch bag and have said nothing,

First rule of luch bag - we do not talk about the lunch bag!

Double meh - doping in cycling will always remain a conundrum wrapped up in an enigma ensconsed in a riddle. The only truths are that everyone will take a side and have an opinion.

My advice to all and sundry - enjoy the spectacle and ignore the drugs. Hell - I even enjoyed Ricco's "scalded cat" style clmbing - he could rip the wings off the best of climbers with nary a hair out of place. Superb human effort - tainted sure but superb none the less.

Its sad that all of this could possibly affect the Livestrong foundation to the detriment of cancer sufferers. It would be difficult in America to seperate this from the foundations future.

Armstrong benefits as much from Livestrong as much as it does from him.