Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw an article as well, I think with bicycling.com, with Chris Carmichael saying he believes Lance was the strongest rider he've seen and have never seen him dope.

Nice guy that Chris Carmichael - administering PEDs to minors in his care.

:D - Its a well thought out article LL, very good reading, ... In my opinion the two P's lost the plot years ago, especially Phil, they are not too dis-similar to LA in that I think they too are hanging way past their sell by date, and frankly, making complete idiots of themselves.

Like LA they should have retired on a high, but sadly that was 5 years ago.!

I have no doubt they are very knowledgeable, but over the years they have forged allegiances which is understandable, but which they now find hard to break, LA been one, JB been another, and I think these allegiances cloud their thinking.

In contrast, I am thoroughly enjoying Mathew Keenan's commentary on the Vuelta, its like opening a window and allowing in a breath of fresh air, he has an easy on the ear voice and he talks about relevant issues of the day, the two P's discussions about "suitcases of courage" has grown tiresome.

I enjoy Keenan too. His comments at the Tour were great too.

P&P's problem is that they have become too "embedded". It's a problem many cycling journalists have spoken about. You have to become embedded to get anything out of the cyclists. But what happens when you start to learn too much? This formed a large part of the motivation behind Jeremy Whittle's Bad Blood.

Saw an article as well, I think with bicycling.com, with Chris Carmichael saying he believes Lance was the strongest rider he've seen and have never seen him dope.

Well, he's probably telling the truth. I don't think there is any argument over Lances talent, but that doesn't mean he's not a cheat. Heck if he wasn't cheating he must be superman, considering the his main contenders were all cheats as well.

That doesn't say anything. Never seeing one dope, doesn't mean he/she doesn't dope. Same as LeMond, saying he never tested positive. Them yanks know how to Spin. They make shane Warne look like an amateur.

That doesn't say anything. Never seeing one dope, doesn't mean he/she doesn't dope. Same as LeMond, saying he never tested positive. Them yanks know how to Spin. They make shane Warne look like an amateur.

Sometimes I wish Warne didn't come clean. I mean, what sort of excuse is "me mum gave it to me"?

Now that's the biggest and corrupt two-faced lying attention seeking weasel of the entire lot.

Now that's the biggest and corrupt two-faced lying attention seeking weasel of the entire lot.

nope.. la wins that contest hands down

Why does Lemond have that rep? I've seen it been said before but not sure what he's done to deserve it.

I'm not clued up on all the guys that have been bust ( I believe only Riis admitted to doping?) but maybe you're missing my point. I think there must be a lot more people involved in doping than have been bust. I think LA has been pursued with greater zealousness because of the profile his bust gives to the doping campaign. I also hope they dont rest on their laurels and keep busting these guys.

That is la spin at work. he is not the only one being pursued in this case, he just wants the world to think he is the focus of a witch-hunt.

Why does Lemond have that rep? I've seen it been said before but not sure what he's done to deserve it.

Little tantrum thrower, always gets vocal when he needs a bit of attention.

Also never made himself popular in the peloton, was not overly loved by his crank turning colleagues.

Saw an article as well, I think with bicycling.com, with Chris Carmichael saying he believes Lance and has never seen him dope.

Yes, and CC has never seen me feed my dog, but that does not mean it does not happen twice a day.

This kind of evidence is not given any credibility in a court of law, because it means nothing.