Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

You shouldn't know that.

Ha! It was a Sunday morning. We stopped at our regular mid-ride coke spot, and heard it on the radio. I'll never forget it.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool chirp, Eddy.

On another note, just spotted this on velonews:

http://velonews.comp...comments_237006

;)

I think if the shoe was on the other foot and Phil had made these ill informed, discredited and defamatory statements about LA he would have been sued before the ink was dry. (Actually history shows that would have happened if he had made well informed, credible and true statements about LA as well).

Maybe USADA should follow the LA playbook and serve a summons on Phil to see if he still believes the cr@p he sprouted….

Ha! It was a Sunday morning. We stopped at our regular mid-ride coke spot, and heard it on the radio. I'll never forget it.

Hmmmm... Okay. Forgiven.

Heck what am I saying, this was 1999, I think maybe Bassons was the only un-doped rider in the peleton.

And he suffered the effects of "passive doping".

And he suffered the effects of "passive doping".

Is that from doping within ten yards of a doorway?

Little tantrum thrower, always gets vocal when he needs a bit of attention.

Also never made himself popular in the peloton, was not overly loved by his crank turning colleagues.

you could be describing la there.

Is that from doping within ten yards of a doorway?

Yup, and about as easy to police as SA's upcoming pending smoking laws…

I can't believe this lie keeps being repeated.

Lance failed many tests. Some of these failed tests have been out in the open for years.

Above and beyond this, the concrete proof is there and this is the reason he did not go to arbitration.

Here is a summation of failed tests, which I've linked to and pasted into this thread maybe 3 times now:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=998716&postcount=10

And herein lies the difference in opinion. If you are hell bent on reading sports illustrated, bicycling and mail and guardian as definite proof of whatever you are welcome to it. I would like to see all these allegations tested in the correct legal manner and not by us (me included) armchair critics.

This is however more entertaining debating than listening to pseudo politicians talk *** about our mines.

. I would like to see all these allegations tested in the correct legal manner and not by us (me included) armchair critics.

So would I, but LA denied us the opportunity.

When he had the chance to test the allegations he quit.

DNF is not winning, and in a two horse race you only do so when you know you are beaten.

This is however more entertaining debating than listening to pseudo politicians talk *** about our mines.

Agreed :thumbup:

So would I, but LA denied us the opportunity.

When he had the chance to test the allegations he quit.

DNF is not winning, and in a two horse race you only do so when you know you are beaten.

Agreed :thumbup:

I hope it comes out anyway. Whether uci require it to strip his wins or whatever.

Have just had a very strange thought. Imagine the conspiracy goes even further back that LA didnt actually have cancer and it was staged to generate a massive pr machine ultimately doping to win the TdF and build his empire.

I hope it comes out anyway. Whether uci require it to strip his wins or whatever.

Have just had a very strange thought. Imagine the conspiracy goes even further back that LA didnt actually have cancer and it was staged to generate a massive pr machine ultimately doping to win the TdF and build his empire.

Ha,Ha, yeah, I guess stranger things have happened but,..........somehow I doubt it. :)

A mate of mine sent me this copy from some blog - quite a chuckle.

I'm still a Lance Armstrong fan, and whatever happens he'll always be the two-time winner of the Dauphiné Libéré as far as I'm concerned. (A feat, I might add, that only six other riders have managed to accomplish--not including all the other riders who won it three times.) but of course, in the cycling world you're not supposed to say you like Lance Armstrong. It's almost as un-PC as making jokes about womans racing - see here - http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/08/news/bmc-director-sayers-apologizes-for-womens-racing-comment_235703