Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, it is the USADA action that is affecting the fundraising, not LA's doping and his chosing "not to contest in a public hearing the overwhelming evidence of his cheating,"

"Armstrong was well aware that he was accepting ineligibility from world-class athletic events like the Chicago Marathon," a USADA statement said. " This is what the world rules require for all sanctioned athletes, high profile or not"

Scotty, do you see him fighting civil suits that come out of this that may hit him in the pocket?

Damned if he does (he will be accused of going back on his word) damned if he does not (must be true as he does not fight it).

Hahahahaha!

What's the difference between Lance and God?

God doesn't think he's Lance…

I do not think i am lance!

Chicago - Lance Armstrong has been banned from running in next month's Chicago Marathon, a spokesperson for the suspended American cyclist said on Friday.

"Lance was going to be running as a fundraising team member of Team Livestrong at Chicago," Mark Higgins said in an e-mail to Reuters. "One of the Lance Armstrong Foundation staffers had communicated that to the race organisers and she was told he could not run."

Well done Chicago.

And rightly so, ol Tex the WonderBoy better get used to not being allowed to do much by way of organised sport. And not being welcomed by any right minded organiser. Does he not realise he has been banned for life? Slowly but surely he will fade away.

Maybe the Lance Armstrong Foundation and Livestrong can organise their own beauty parades for him to be able to continue schmoozing money from the fanboys.

Just a pity that dopers still seem to be allowed to race in mountain bike events, just not officially get placed. Time for the UCI to tighten up on that loophole too or risk the IOC membership.

Just a pity that dopers still seem to be allowed to race in mountain bike events, just not officially get placed. Time for the UCI to tighten up on that loophole too or risk the IOC membership.

Amen. I've been waiting for the mtber's to get theirs.

If they really had to start cleaning up the sport there would not be many pro cyclists left on the teams as well as no sponsorships and as a result not much of the sport left. Not condoning the use of drugs just saying those who believe that there is only a handful of "cheaters" in our wonderful sport are very naive

Chicago - Lance Armstrong has been banned from running in next month's Chicago Marathon, a spokesperson for the suspended American cyclist said on Friday.

"Lance was going to be running as a fundraising team member of Team Livestrong at Chicago," Mark Higgins said in an e-mail to Reuters. "One of the Lance Armstrong Foundation staffers had communicated that to the race organisers and she was told he could not run."

childish

childish

Why childish? Remember Big Tex chose a lifetime ban from ALL IOC sports, why should he be able to carry on as if he were found to be innocent of doping?

An interesting take on Amnesty for doping riders who come clean from the UCI.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/09/news/usada-uci-support-notion-of-amnesty-for-riders-coming-clean-on-doping_238012

And this quote from Pat McQuaid is most enlightning. It seems he now understands the relative ranking of the UCI and USADA (read WADA) in the governance of Olympic sports.

“(Amnesty) would need to be examined as to how it could be introduced,. We (the UCI) have to work in the world anti-doping rules and sanctions.”

Or, as the Corporal said at the time "hier n@@i ek die kat, en julle hou die pooitjies vas"

those who believe that there is only a handful of "cheaters" in our wonderful any sport are very naive

fixed it for you

Why childish? Remember Big Tex chose a lifetime ban from ALL IOC sports, why should he be able to carry on as if he were found to be innocent of doping?

He was not planning to race for the prize money. So what does it achieve? - oh ja it achieves a "screw you and your foundation* Lance".

Convicted rapists and child molestors are not barred from participating in what is a mass participation event, but Lance Armstong running for his foundation - perish the thought.

As I said, childish.

*of couse livestrong is in existence solely for Lance's vanity / to sifon off money bla bla bla, right?

He was not planning to race for the prize money. So what does it achieve? - oh ja it achieves a "screw you and your foundation* Lance".

Convicted rapists and child molestors are not barred from participating in what is a mass participation event, but Lance Armstong running for his foundation - perish the thought.

As I said, childish.

*of couse livestrong is in existence solely for Lance's vanity / to sifon off money bla bla bla, right?

You raise an interesting point. I thought about it over the weekend. At first, you'd imagine that such a ban covers elite competition. But, don't USADA and other doping rules apply to all athletes - professional and amateur?

Edited by Tumbleweed

You raise an interesting point. I thought about it over the weekend. At first, you'd imagine that such a ban cover elite competition. But, don't USADA and other doping rules apply to all athletes - professional and amateur?

Yea, they do.

Amen. I've been waiting for the mtber's to get theirs.

Ei :eek: feling a bit vindictive there Bob?

When last did u kiss your mtb?