Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

i am not sure you are right.

Certainly, all evidence the prosecution will rely on to make the case needs to be presented.

Not everything that surfaces in the police investigation needs to be brought to the court, nor is it ever.

not true. there is a process called discovery (or disclosure in some countries) in real life legitimate trials. prosecution cannot be selective in what it shares with the defense - and this is done BEFORE trial.

Anyway, this isn't really like police and court. USADA have acted as investigators, court/jury and executioner. But all that done UCI actually need to carry out the death sentence.

Edited by dracs

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not true. there is a process called discovery (or disclosure in some countries) in real life legitimate trials. prosecution cannot be selective in what it shares with the defense - and this is done BEFORE trial.

Anyway, this isn't really like police and court. USADA have acted as investigators, court/jury and executioner. But all that done UCI actually need to carry out the death sentence.

I am fully aware of the concept of discovery as my earlier post this morning made clear.

The arbitration ito USADA rules (that the Texas courts found were appropriately fair and to which Lance had voluntarily signed up to) provide for discovery. Had LA decided to enter the Arbitration process, the prosecution evidence would have been provided to him before the hearing, in good time to prepare his defense.

But if you still feel that there is a procedural failing here, drop LA's lawyers a note because despite the vigor with which they have litigated in the past, they have clearly missed it.

I am fully aware of the concept of discovery as my earlier post this morning made clear.

The arbitration ito USADA rules (that the Texas courts found were appropriately fair and to which Lance had voluntarily signed up to) provide for discovery. Had LA decided to enter the Arbitration process, the prosecution evidence would have been provided to him before the hearing, in good time to prepare his defense.

But if you still feel that there is a procedural failing here, drop LA's lawyers a note because despite the vigor with which they have litigated in the past, they have clearly missed it.

Dude, we were debating an analogy and my post was answering this nothing more: "Not everything that surfaces in the police investigation needs to be brought to the court, nor is it ever."

I already said Lance has chosen to waive a number of his rights.

Nice one eddy.

Peta you are an attractive girl with certain charms, but Cav didn't knock you up for your analytical ability...

;)

edit to add winkey smily thingie

Edited by dracs

Dude, we were debating an analogy and my post was answering this nothing more: "Not everything that surfaces in the police investigation needs to be brought to the court, nor is it ever."

I already said Lance has chosen to waive a number of his rights.

YYSW.

So all this stuff will be available to us soon.

L.A. will be seen as a criminal and the UCI will look like demons and USADA will become the saving grace of the sporting world.

Meanwhile in the background we have massive amounts of amateur and sports cyclists who dope and point fingers at L.A.

Peeps who have "never sped" in their cars or spoken on their cellphone with their hand on the wheel can't wait to see this "no good" evil man take a plunge.

My point, as long as we are all at fault and we fail to clean up all the worlds problems from it's smallest beginnings, what difference is the fall of the mighty L.A. going to have in out lives ?

He will soon be forgotten, come back in a few years with a T.V. program where he breeds and raises racing pigeons.

Damn but lance plays the game well...

Yep.

Made the mistake of posting in this thread earlier. I didn't recognise it for the flame-war it is.

But at least this flame-war is better than the don't-speak-about-drugs-omerta that was.

Yep.

Made the mistake of posting in this thread earlier. I didn't recognise it for the flame-war it is.

But at least this flame-war is better than the don't-speak-about-drugs-omerta that was.

Who flamed ya?

Anyway, agreed... if we going to be open lets be open all the way (open does not mean only listening to anyone who has something to say about lance) - I may be in the minority around here but I don't think doping started or ended with him, nor that the likes of TH doped because of him. that is such a cop out.

Edited by dracs

In my opinion USADA can give the UCI what ever they deem fit too motivate the banning and stripping of titles.

In my opinion USADA can give the UCI what ever they deem fit too motivate the banning and stripping of titles.

So, the middle finger you mean? I mean that's all pat and co haven give us.

Edited by TNT1

So, the middle finger you mean? I mean that's all pat and co haven give us.

Yip, what does the caliber of the gun matter at this stage of the game.

I still like LA, and if it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have cycled. yes maybe i would've, but for sure wouldn't have loved it like I do today.