AM tyres... what you running?

patches

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I run Bronsons front and rear. I know a number of guys who do.

Superb tyres: high volume, grip brilliantly, rolls well, cheap (if you know the agents). Lasts adequately, I get about 2500 - 3000kms on a set (I'm 95kgs).

You do need to experiment with pressures quite a bit till you find that sweet spot. Slightly too hard and you're losing traction and bouncing off every rock and root. Slightly too soft and you wallow so much you slide everywhere. Get it right though and it's heaven.

But don't bother with the skinnier Wolverines or Weirwolf on the back. The Bronson rolls just as well but grips much better.

Sweet, thanks!

Will give them a go once my RoRo wears out (which won't be long, the rear rubber wears at an alarming rate, I reckon I get about 800km out of one until it's not fit for pinning anymore). At that point I'll have a 2.35 29er HD to give away, the Pacestar on the front just doesn't wear at all!

yes.

How do you find it compared with the Hans Dampf for instance (specifically for the rear)?

So Onza available Locally anywhere else besides Rushsports? Rushsports will only be carrying stock of the 2.25 IBEX in 60tpi version after june2014, not sure of the CANIS though.

Schwalbe And Syntace Team Up To Shake Up The Way We Ride: Running 14psi Tire Pressure May Be Our Future

Posted Date: 2/8/2014

This just in...Schwalbe and Syntace are working together to release a dual-chamber tire and wheel system that they feel will push the tire game to a whole new level.

HOW IT WORKS

The dual chamber system has an additional air chamber inside the tire. This inner chamber is filled with high air pressure and effectively prevents the tire hitting the edge of the rim. At the same time, the inner system also secures the tire on the rim and prevents the dreaded "burping” (a loss of air) of the tubeless system in the case of low pressure. Depending on the situation, the air pressure in the outer chamber can be reduced to 14 psi without running any risk.

Schwalbe will be responsible for the production of the dual chamber system and it is expected to be compatible with conventional tires and rims and weigh less than 7 ounces.

http://www.mbaction.com/Uploads/Public/Images/SchwalbeDualChamber%20copy.jpeg

Schwalbe points out the potential of the system this way:

At 14 psi, the tire grip is incredible. The contact surface is very large and the tires seldom, if ever, slide on loose ground. Even on the roughest terrain, the tires literally stick to the ground.

The tire is the most sensitive cushioning element on the bike. The extra cushioning and traction because of the low air pressure leads to much better control over the bike and allows distinctly higher speeds.

All this without the risk of snake-bites. Dented rims become a thing of the past. Significantly lighter tires can be used in even the toughest conditions. And in addition, the additional air chamber has excellent emergency running characteristics.

With the combined efforts of both Schwalbe and Syntace, the dual chamber system will reach market maturity by Eurobike 2014 with precise information regarding design, pricing and Patents pending. But you heard about it first right here.

Interesting......

Edited by BaltazarMarques

So Onza available Locally anywhere else besides Rushsports? Rushsports will only be carrying stock of the 2.25 IBEX in 60tpi version after june2014, not sure of the CANIS though.

Speak to William about the Canis, he had stock a while back (Bridge Cycles too). Not sure what tpi they are though.

Also saw some IBEX at Spoke suspension. He also had a WTB Bronson there

Speak to William about the Canis, he had stock a while back (Bridge Cycles too). Not sure what tpi they are though.

Also saw some IBEX at Spoke suspension. He also had a WTB Bronson there

Thanks Dave

Who is the best for the Bronson's in Sa price wise?

The whole dual chamber thing, which will no doubt be freakishly expensive never mind new rims, couldn't you run a low volume tube inside a high volume tubeless tyre? Like maybe a road tube pumped up inside a 2'5 29" tubeless tyre so you can run Stan's for punctures and run low pressure in the tyre with the tube there to save rim/stop pinch flats etc, ghetto dual chamber tubeless?

Slick just mentioned he got 2500-3000km a set, which is why I think I need to look into them

I also corner with the bike leaned over all the way. Occasionally too far :eek:

Edited by SLiiick

Slick just mentioned he got 2500-3000km a set, which is why I think I need to look into them

Whoops, didn't see that. ANd he said they're high volume, grip brilliantly, rolls well, cheap (if you know the agents).I knew there was a better reason for me liking those tyres, and not just the decals on the sidewalls.

I also corner with the bike leaned over all the way. Occasionally too far :eek:

Okay so,

More lean = more grip = less brakes = longer lasting tyres (and the occassional face plant)I get that right?

Edited by TAAHIRWP

Okay so,

More lean = more grip = less brakes = longer lasting tyres (and the occassional face plant)I get that right?

Haha yeah.

Was just a bit tongue in cheek saying I don't really do lots of riding in straight lines wearing down the centre knobs (which are of a harder compound anyway). The other guys I know with Bronsons, the front lasts at least a year. Rear probably half that.