Strava sued for negligence in cyclist’s death

petatodd

The part the youngster missed (or been added/amended)

YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES, WHICH GENERATE THE CONTENT YOU POST OR SEEK TO POST ON THE SITE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CYCLING) CARRY CERTAIN INHERENT AND SIGNIFICANT RISKS OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, BODILY INJURY OR DEATH AND THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE ACTIVITIES EVEN IF CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY THE ACTION, INACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF STRAVA OR BY THE ACTION, INACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS. YOU ALSO EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT STRAVA DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INSPECTION, SUPERVISION, PREPARATION, OR CONDUCT OF ANY RACE, CONTEST, GROUP RIDE OR EVENT THAT UTILIZES STRAVA’S SITE.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seems like I should retract my Speed Trap Challenge :ph34r:

..you hear that 1hill! it's off!

Nice jersey.

41 and he had to be told that it was dangerous to race on a road?! Wow!

And Strava do not set the courses, other users set the course. They did not state he HAS to ride there.

These people are like slinky springs, no real use to anyone but fun to watch when you push them down a flight of stairs

They just want to make some money out of their son's death and maybe gain some fame as well...Sickening but thats how some people make a buck in america. Next thing they are probably going to appear on a talk show of some kind and make even more money out of the drama.

The part the youngster missed (or been added/amended)

YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES, WHICH GENERATE THE CONTENT YOU POST OR SEEK TO POST ON THE SITE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CYCLING) CARRY CERTAIN INHERENT AND SIGNIFICANT RISKS OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, BODILY INJURY OR DEATH AND THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE ACTIVITIES EVEN IF CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY THE ACTION, INACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF STRAVA OR BY THE ACTION, INACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS. YOU ALSO EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT STRAVA DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INSPECTION, SUPERVISION, PREPARATION, OR CONDUCT OF ANY RACE, CONTEST, GROUP RIDE OR EVENT THAT UTILIZES STRAVA’S SITE.

The "youngster" was 41

Got the mail today that Strava ammeded their terms and conditions now we know why lol.

They just want to make some money out of their son's death and maybe gain some fame as well...

I would find it rather insulting if my family felt I was only worth $25,000! I can only assume that is a mistake.

I would find it rather insulting if my family felt I was only worth $25,000! I can only assume that is a mistake.

He was 41, and needed to told that it's dangerous to race on the road? I think they may have over-valued his life at that amount...

This is the type of law suite case I expect from you Tiny.

Forever sitting on the pc mapping your routes and not out in the open riding the routes.

We dont you sue mapmyride as they caused you to loose all fitness and forced you into obesity?

With all that sitting inside and not getting any sun light your pale ass is now suffering from a Vitamin D defects. Staring at your computer screen 24/7 caused you to loose sight in one eye.

But go file it in la-la America land, there you stand a chance of winning the case!

Oh and then send me 50% of your wining as my handling fee for helping formulate your case! ;)

Dude, you need to get laid.......

I map my ride to invite other riders to join - like on a Saturday morning (when you are working). they get to see what I have in mind and can commit or decline the invite based on the spec.

My job requires me to sit behind a LCD monitor for 10 hours of the day - so why not map rides when I have a chance. I also do side line work from home - so maybe a few more hours of work. It pays for the extra's like skydiving and gadgets.

Me.... obese..... I think not. You might be getting there in your middle age but I have a long way to go.

I was brought up in the age of common sense, not in the states but in the good old R of SA. I would doubt that #1, I would crash into a vehicle and #2, would want to sue a website because they never warned me of the danger of the possibility of a vehicle in my path......

Go put some price tags on bicycle parts or something :P