Ride the Rhino crazy prices

Winter Soldier

Hi

Am I the only one who thinks the Ride the rhino self catering option is crazy

Why would I pay 2700 for 3 days of riding if I look after myself

i dont understand how these guys justify there prices

its only 2hr drive from Cape Town for the start, last day you ride on existing trails

Even the knysna 200 is cheaper

Most races are a rip off now it seems. Like some have said repeatedly on here, cycling is the new golf....

yeah, a rip off on the outside. But think about it - just how much are the land owners demanding for the use of their land?

If they are demanding lots then ride elsewhere. I realise this may be easier said than done but it's ridiculous if they are charging a fortune for one day of riding across their land. Sorry, our land according to the ANC.... watch out land owners...

That being said, are you sure it's the land owners?

Friend decided to volunteer to work at the Epic. Completed forms, waited, got sms saying they are interested please could she pay R4000! Pay R4k to work for them!

Edited by Clint_ZA

it's for charity.

• Our purpose is to become presenters of premier MTB events in the country;

• The events will market the Western Cape and the West Coast and attract the interest local, national and international competitors;

• Our events are small, niche and exclusive (you’ll never have to queue);

• We want to provide mountain bikers the adventure and opportunity to experience the various routes around remnants of the remaining Renosterveld (only 4% left in the Western Cape);

• Our events are there to raise money;

• Entrants, spectators and the general viewing public must perceive the bigger aim of our events: Conservation and Social Upliftment;
  • The main beneficiary is the Renosterveld, followed by the improvement of the lives of communities along the route.

Most races are a rip off now it seems. Like some have said repeatedly on here, cycling is the new golf...If its to expensive just don't do it

Agreed, and fixed.

If they are demanding lots then ride elsewhere. I realise this may be easier said than done but it's ridiculous if they are charging a fortune for one day of riding across their land. Sorry, our land according to the ANC.... watch out land owners...

yeah. Which is why I don't ride races down here, what with Tokai being an activity card and 10km away...

yeah, a rip off on the outside. But think about it - just how much are the land owners demanding for the use of their land?

Probably just a bottle of brandy ....

Yes its a lot, cannot afford it as well, but I think pretty much in line with what a lot of 3 day stage races cost in SA?

Tread had a very good article on stage races and what costs are involved for organisers, there is a lot more than meets the eye.

Bottom line is these guys are running a business and are entitled to make a profit, they are not there to put on a charity event for the riders, they run a business just like any other.

My view: If you feel it is to expensive then don't enter.