it is amazing how much cycling kit we accumulate.

I FLY

Nice news IFLY! Time to change the location thingie under your profile pic.

I thought all my cycling gear was in one wardrobe in the house, until I went digging in the spare room and thought a helluva lot of stuff I thought I had lost/gotten rid off in there!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why just give to development teams? We are creating a situation where everybody just wants and never really want to work for anything. I have had enough listening to the same old story about how we as the previous regime did not look after others. I have to donate things to those less fortunate that was oppressed during the previous regime. Then the bikes and kit ends up on a 12 to 13 year olds lucky bones. WTF???? Was this kid really part of the struggle? I even got told oneday after taking 2 Fuji sl frames that they are not good enough as it is not carbon.

Loaded the frames and told this development academy they can go and ****themselves.

Time these "academies" started working for the freebies they want.

Edited by Onetime

Hopefully you gave away the outdated 26ers when you "upgraded" to 29ers. Probably best, because you couldn't sell them now, for love or munny

you will be surprised...i am about to spend a heap of cash a spanking new 26"...shock, horror!! :eek:

As long as you have the space I see no problem. I ride mtb, road, spin, and have a trainer. Different kit, different shoes, different seasons. Of course you end up with a lot of stuff. A long mid winter road ride requires different kit to a short mid summer mtb ride. What you hoping for?

Why just give to development teams? We are creating a situation where everybody just wants and never really want to work for anything. I have had enough listening to the same old story about how we as the previous regime did not look after others. I have to donate things to those less fortunate that was oppressed during the previous regime. Then the bikes and kit ends up on a 12 to 13 year olds lucky bones. WTF???? Was this kid really part of the struggle? I even got told oneday after taking 2 Fuji sl frames that they are not good enough as it is not carbon.

Loaded the frames and told this development academy they can go and ****themselves.

Don’t want to start a political debate here, and just maybe I have it wrong here, but somehow .... Never mind the somehow.. I agree with you 110%

Why is it that the few must support the many?

Open your eyes

! :eek:

We moved to a new city this week. As my wife is away in Cape Town I have been unpacking without supervision ( interference). This afternoon I sorted out our cycling collection. Apart from the 7 bikes we have 8 pairs of cycling shoes, 7 helmets, 5 camelbaks and 3 Thule bike carriers. And we gave 3 bikes away before the move.luckily my wife cycles so I don't have spend my life justifying what I spend

I would be more tha willing to take a camelbak of your hands :whistling:

something in the range of a 3L pack....

Don’t want to start a political debate here, and just maybe I have it wrong here, but somehow .... Never mind the somehow.. I agree with you 110%

Why is it that the few must support the many?

Open your eyes

! :eek:

Reminds me of a friend who gave a beggar two Rand from his change some time ago, the cheeky little muppet had the balls to say he wants R5! My friend went nuts and took the R2 back!

While I agree we should help others where we can, if they want fancy carbon frames etc then they can sort that out themselves. Give your old bikes/parts to those who really need it, those who use bikes to get to their jobs. I gave our neighbours labourer a cheap light set and my old tyres and he was almost in tears...

I'm starting to keep most of my ex bikes for loaning and teaching purposes. Have quite a few hanging from the roof of the bikeroom but if I have to I can fit more in.

:P

If anything it is you who is stuck in the past.

Who said anything about the previous regime and the struggle.

It is about giving to those less fortunate than us now!

We have young riders in our development teams whose families cannot even put a well balanced nutritious meal on the table yet we expect them to train,work hard and perform.It goes even further than hand me down kit which would go in the bin anyway.Supplements,recovery drinks,etc

They are only too thankful to get a worn pair of bibs,shoes,gloves etc.Apart from the rest of the kit like helmets,buffs,warm gear for winter,sleevies etc

Thank goodness for clubs and members who promote and support development riders

After reading the thread about dodgy hubbers I realised I was not going to be in good light if the police came around and wanted original pruchase certificates or whetever.

I have 4 bikes outside, 2 bikes in boxes in my room, 1 frame in Garage, another hanging in my room. I also have spares coming out of my ears.

Last night however i had no more clean WARM cycling kit to commute with and had to use a normal jacket to ride with. Need more winter stuff...

You shouldn't give because you have to, but because you want to.

If you don't want to, don't. If you feel guilty about having to give, don't.

in discussions regarding bike ownership, rule 12 has reference, and should always be adhered to:

Rule #12

// The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.

While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

'nuff said

(tried this on my wife......she di NOT agree!

We have so many riding shirts that I know we will never wear again, but I cannot get it over my heart to get rid of them. Memories, Induna shirts, etc. Same goes for some free race entry t-shirts. Did start to cut some of these up as bike wash rags though, but it hurts! Cannot get rid of old worn cycling shoes or helmets either, you know, just incase. And then socks, socks and more socks! Old tires x billions.