It can happen to you

clintmac

My ridding buddy Hermann was stretchered off the mountain at Tokai, Snake Eyes single track just below Boomslang on Sunday. Hermann is in hospital with multiple fractures to his neck, cracked skull and is lucky to be alive.

Thank you to the EMC team who made it up and helped us get him to hospital in the quickest possible time without causing further injuries. A big thanks also goes to all the other riders who dropped their bikes and jumped in to help us carry him up to the ambulance. Special mention goes to the guy who rode down to the parking lot waited for the ambulance directed them right to us and helped with getting bikes down to the parking lot etc..etc.

We have been ridding for some years in Tokai and I never thought this could happen to me or somebody close to me. Please guys have all your ducks in a row i.e. Current Emergency contact number for starters. Also please treat any neck or back injury with the utmost care if we had had not been careful things could have been very different.

Once again on behalf of Hermann and myself thank you for all the help and support.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hectic.

Kudos to all involved with the recovery / cassavac of Hermann.

Speedy recovery to Hermann.

Hectic.

Kudos to all involved with the recovery / cassavac of Hermann.

Speedy recovery to Hermann.

+1 :thumbup:

sorry to hear, its not a nice thing to happen, i wish a speedy and complete recovery for him.

My ridding buddy Hermann was stretchered off the mountain at Tokai, Snake Eyes single track just below Boomslang on Sunday. Hermann is in hospital with multiple fractures to his neck, cracked skull and is lucky to be alive.

Thank you to the EMC team who made it up and helped us get him to hospital in the quickest possible time without causing further injuries. A big thanks also goes to all the other riders who dropped their bikes and jumped in to help us carry him up to the ambulance. Special mention goes to the guy who rode down to the parking lot waited for the ambulance directed them right to us and helped with getting bikes down to the parking lot etc..etc.

We have been ridding for some years in Tokai and I never thought this could happen to me or somebody close to me. Please guys have all your ducks in a row i.e. Current Emergency contact number for starters. Also please treat any neck or back injury with the utmost care if we had had not been careful things could have been very different.

Once again on behalf of Hermann and myself thank you for all the help and support.

Speedy recovery to Hermann and glad that we where around to help out in any possible way, scary how fragile life can be!

Get well bud and once you are better get back onto the bike and ride the same trail it will help you conquer the fear you now have...

Man that is so true! I also left my imprint at Mamba and broke my elbow in three places (2006). Was scared to jump off a pavement for months when I got back on the bike in 2007. 4 Ops later and unable to extend my arm I persevered.

Not nearly as bad as Hermann though. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

get well soon Hermann

Hectic. Kudos to all involved with the recovery / cassavac of Hermann. Speedy recovery to Hermann.
! +2 :thumbup: