Peter Sagan - Hero or Zero

Cav'

Sagan Hero or Zero  

235 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon ?

• Hero
    • Zero
  2. 2. Is he the next best thing in pro cycling ?

• Yay
    • Nay

I recon this young fella can walk off with the Green Jersey, the White Jersey and a few more stage wins, not too many others have done that in their first ever tour!.

Just loved his Hulk salute today, the big green guy would be proud.!

Are you nuts? No way he will gain time on Tejay in the TT's or the mountains. FYI, Tejay is one of my outside bets for the GC this year.

Come, Oom, you know enough not to tout this astrophysicist as a GC contender...

Edited by TNT1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you nuts? No way he will gain time on Tejay in the TT's or the mountains. FYI, Tejay is one of my outside bets for the GC this year.

Come, Oom, you know enough not to tout this astrophysicist as a GC contender...

My rationalization after a bottle of good red wine is that Tejay will have his work cut out for him looking after cuddles, Sagan on the other hand only needs to look after himself, which I recon should give him a bit of an upper hand.?

Look, my brain is a bit fuzzy right now but I just love this youngsters spirit, I wish there were a few more of him around. :rolleyes:

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

My rationalization after a bottle of good red wine is that Tejay will have his work cut out for him looking after cuddles, Sagan on the other hand only needs to look after himself, which I recon should give him a bit of an upper hand.?

Look, my brain is a bit fuzzy right now but I just love this youngsters spirit, I wish there were a few more of him around. :rolleyes:

Current top three of the Young Riders: 1 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 29:22:46 2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:00:09 3 Rein Taaramae (Est) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne 0:00:12

Taaramae and Tejay can win this race overall one day. Sagan Is like a Boonen or Gilbert. Or a Museeuw if you will...

Current top three of the Young Riders: 1 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 29:22:46 2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:00:09 3 Rein Taaramae (Est) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne 0:00:12

Taaramae and Tejay can win this race overall one day. Sagan Is like a Boonen or Gilbert. Or a Museeuw if you will...

No,No, not overall, but I recon he can dominate in his field and maybe wrestle away the white jersey as well.

Lots of guys who have won the white jersey have never even featured on the leader board in later tours and I guess the same will happen to Sagan, but right now, he is really on the top of his game and in this tour, I think its possible?.

..........or maybe I just like his spirit.! :D

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Its always good to see "New" talent.

The attitude and the showmanship are great spice for the sport.

He was saying yesterday he rides with a bell on his bike - hopefully to ping those who take themselves to seriously.

The race starts in the mountains, the chaps are simply warming up. Only then will we see who are the Men and who are the Peters.

Correction we will see who are the skin and bone climbers, the real men get left behind

Do not try this on the nearest 20 degree climb in your neighbourhood.

http://cyclingtipscontent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/stage7-5.jpg

Do not try this on the nearest 20 degree climb in your neighbourhood.

http://cyclingtipscontent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/stage7-5.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: This boy has certainly livened up the Tour !!

Edited by nickc

He was saying yesterday he rides with a bell on his bike - hopefully to ping those who take themselves to seriously.

Must have got it from mr Luke Vryenhoek :D

Peter Sagan's pure talent is summed up in these next few sentences from his Mountain Bike career :

Sagan drew a significant amount of attention when he appeared at the Slovak Cup with a bicycle borrowed from his sister. Sagan had mistakenly sold his own and had not received a spare from the Velosprint sponsor in time. He won the race despite riding a supermarket bike with poor brakes with limited gearing.