Best MTB Grips ?

zniper

Hi

This is maybe a stupid question to ask here but i have searched the forum and cant find a clear answer.

my specialized grips came to a end after 8 rides :o great grips but they dont last.

what is the best grips to install on my MTB that got grip and also last for quite some time. (not the wing type)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Esi grips, they don't give me numb hands and are quite light. Also colour coded so you can add some pimpness

i have tried ESI grips and they arent bad but i prefer the lock grips from SRAM one of the few grips that you can clean properly

Only 2 choices really

If you like to fiddle and constanly change handlebars etc then lock on grips are the best - ODI

Otherwise ESI ( Chunky ) - All day comfort ..

I like Esi grips, they don't give me numb hands and are quite light. Also colour coded so you can add some pimpness

Unless you're quite anal about keeping your stuff clean and avoid riding mud avoid white :unsure:

Unless you're quite anal about keeping your stuff clean and avoid riding mud avoid white :unsure:

Ja true....the white ones are for snakes to match their skoens and bibs

Esi ( chunky) give me numb hands, I've tried them a few times, as they seem to work well for everybody else, so found Specialized BG contour , lightweight lock on grips, easier to remove when need to and the bigger surface are has prevented my numb hands ( a real problem as I do not have suspension anymore :wacko: ) I wear xxl gloves and the narrower womens grips are still wide enough for me, do not know why the mens grips are so wide.

Edited by D Vader

You get a bunch of real *** grips

Used Giant OEM

Lizzard skins

Sram

and some other

but, ESI stays the most comfortable