Best MTB Grips ?

zniper

Where is the pain in the wrist?

Could be that your bars need to be rotated a bit so your hand is angled a bit different which in turn will ease some pain.

Good point.A lot of people have their bars incorrectly angled .Also a decent grip like Oury goes a long way

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ride hard enough?

Ja meneer! I'm surprised as well, I wanted to replace them, but then I just twisted the grips so the better side is on top again :D

• 2 years later...

I see CWCycles sells the new ESI XC Fit grips. The normal ones is already 'spensive enough as it is...has anyone tried these new ones?

I do not like the Esi grips and these new ones does not look right, the middle should be more padded, but I have not tried these.

R475 for ESI XC FIT grips ... insane.

Will stick with my ESI chunkies, don't see the supposed hype of those new ones actually being any benefit.

Matched with my Northern Wave full gloves I have no issues

ESI TJUNKIES are great, but do not survive falls very well. The edges might take a little beating, but the grips will stay functional.

Rather keen to give the ODI's a spin next on the bike.

ESI TJUNKIES are great, but do not survive falls very well. The edges might take a little beating, but the grips will stay functional.

Just got Ruffians and Extremes in this morning... 

Just got Ruffians and Extremes in this morning... 

still have at least 50% left on my current grips ... will knock on your door when the time is right

I have tried Esi Chunky and found it to be too hard and not long lasting at all. Tried the Ergon grips and was not comfortable with the best padded gloves Giro Monaco, these grips are too hard. The best grips by far that I have tried so far was the cheapo Ryder silicone grips, much softer and longer lasting than Esi.

Yep, these chunkies tjank easily. Had a fall last year understeering uphill in a switchback. It started as small tear on the outside but I soon realised the damn thing was getting bigger and bigger. I tried to tape it at first but that also kept coming of. It didn't take to long before I started to search teh interwebs for those R199 "specials"...

Until I realised, treat the grips like you would treat a human: AMPUTATION. Just cut off / shorten the grips 1 cm (or just past where the tear ends). For symmetrical reasons do this to the healthy grip as well.

My handicapped grips have given me 8 months of handicapped use and still going strong...

• 7 years later...

Reviving the dead! 

Just got a 2nd hand bike (my first bike) and looking for new grips as the current ones will be wearing out soon.

Are these ESI Chunkies still the go to at +_ R400? 

My riding “plan” to start, is just to try do some long rides for fitness and to get outdoors - unlikely to be very technical. So no enduro/downhill style riding.
So looking for something that will be comfortable after a couple hours on a hardtail. I’ve just bought gloves (unpadded), if any of this influences your feedback. 

I saw some Ergon grips online with bar ends etc, but also three times the price at R1000-R1500. Would I get 3x times the comfort and longevity? 

Not sure where to throw my money 💵😂