Best MTB Grips ?

zniper

Also been battling with pins and needles and numb hands, was thinking of getting better, more padded gloves, but wondering if a dif pair of grips might help.

G

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome Brilliant !

i will order "TJAANKIES!"

Bar ends worth it (Ryder) ? i did cycle with it for 10km on someone elses bike and it was comfortable ?

awesome Brilliant !

i will order "TJAANKIES!"

Bar ends worth it (Ryder) ? i did cycle with it for 10km on someone elses bike and it was comfortable ?

At the risk of being tarred and feathered by Clit_ZA but ..... do you have flat bars? ;)

I use a cheap pair of lock on grips and then wrap them with the tape you get at sportsmans for squash rackets etc (can still remove the grp if you need to without having to unwind tape). Works well and you can make the grip as thick as you need it. Wears quite well even with gloves.

At the risk of being tarred and feathered by Clit_ZA but ..... do you have flat bars? ;)

is that a typo or intentional?! :eek:

Also been battling with pins and needles and numb hands, was thinking of getting better, more padded gloves, but wondering if a dif pair of grips might help.

G

Had all the brands of gloves with some fancy gel inserts etc etc...didn't help. Changed to esi grips, numbness no more.

bwahahaha :oops:

ESI you will never fit another pair of grips again!!!

Chunky / Race will be to your prefference

Edited by NINER_boy

Stop picking on Clunt!! :(

Edited by Smolster

Your grips are only as good as you suspension set-up :unsure:

I really like the ESI chunky, but I really dislike the short lifespan they offer when they make contact with mother earth.

They tend to tear or gouge easily.

I have a set of ok'ish WTB grip on the SS and they are ok. Had to glue them though to stop slipping.

On the Shova I have a nice set of lock-on Spesh grips off a bike on the LBS floor and they are really nice with good feel and feedback through the bars.

I have a bit of an issue with my ESI grips, they may have became contaminated with brake fluid, and as a result they not longer "grip". I've tried washing them, but I still can't get them to stop rotating as if it were a motorbike accelerator. Driving me mad and its fairly dangerous at the same time.

LMAO , just blew coffee out my nose ..............

try and get your hands onto a product called prepsol. it's awesome at breaking oil etc down, use to use it to wash quads.

G

I have a bit of an issue with my ESI grips, they may have became contaminated with brake fluid, and as a result they not longer "grip". I've tried washing them, but I still can't get them to stop rotating as if it were a motorbike accelerator. Driving me mad and its fairly dangerous at the same time.

Edited by awesme