Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

Are you psychic?? How was KZN?

Holla was a blast....demmit there are some nice trails there? Hilton?

Rained hard where we were on Sat night so its must have been muddy the next day

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a biometric bike set-up ?

Now you also sommer guarantee no dnf's :eek:

This seems to be one hell of a epic battle plan with these kind of guarantees ........................

come on guys this seems legit .

Holla was a blast....demmit there are some nice trails there? Hilton?

Rained hard where we were on Sat night so its must have been muddy the next day

Lekker man, was muddy for 15km then just perfect with endless climbing, eish I suffered.

Can't wait for the next pearl...should be posted shortly.

Luckily the anticipation for the twaddle response only lasted 4 minutes. Did not expect much, so at least no disappointment!

Just a thought...

Are you sure this guy isn't a hubber that is having a laugh and baiting you guys? I'm sure this guy is just a joker.

Think Martin/Morgan/Mervin-Rose?

Just a thought...

Are you sure this guy isn't a hubber that is having a laugh and baiting you guys? I'm sure this guy is just a joker.

Think Martin/Morgan/Mervin-Rose/Clint_za

Just a thought...

Think Martin/Morgan/Mervin-Rose?

He is a real person, with a real name, a real FB fan page, a real FB profile, a real website.

hint: Pie r enal. instructions: you should make vowel replacements as needed to assist with spelling fixes ;) Replace a consonant in the first instruction with a b, as a hint in the first.

Also, note that spaces do not form part of the very first hint, they are merely for decorative purposes!

Hope the above entices you to solving the puzzle, and you do not feel entrapped :ph34r:

Edited by RoboCyclist

He is a real person, with a real name, a real FB fan page, a real FB profile, a real website.

hint: Pie r enal. instructions: you should make vowel replacements as needed to assist with spelling fixes ;) Replace a consonant in the first instruction with a b, as a hint in the first.

Also, note that spaces do not form part of the very first hint, they are merely for decorative purposes!

Hope the above entices you to solving the puzzle, and you do not feel entrapped :ph34r:

my head hurts ... just tell us

Hmmm... thanks! I'll get on it

post-35168-0-60236900-1348562786_thumb.jpg

There's a high probability that taking part in the Epic implies that you will anyway ride your mountain bike even if it was not for Epic preparation. However, if one can isolate Epic preparation costs and keep it to the absolute bare minimum, it will more-or-less look as follows:

• 4 sets of apparel @ R900/set: Subtotal R3,600
  • 6 months bike maintenance for minimum 7,700 km equates to 3 chains, 2 cassettes, 2 chainrings, 3 tires, 3 sets of gear cables, 2 sets of brake pads, 2 shock services, a set of suspension bearings: Subtotal R10,850
  • 1 biometric bike set-up: Subtotal R775
  • 6 months' recovery supplements: Subtotal R1,500

That tallies to a total of R16,725 in total, or R2,787 per month for the remaining 6 months (from Oct). This also from the premises that you don't have accidental damage, only normal maintenance, and that you do maintenance yourself.

Add to that your entry fees and it remains a substantial "investment in pleasure". Make sure your "investment in pleasure" is secure and that you are not crowned with a DNF!

Lots of chit-chat, but nobody challenging the maths? I must have done something wrong!?

A biometric body-bike fitment is when someone does a complete biometric analysis on you, confirming all the variables that can impact on your body-bike fitment, and then fit your bike to your body.

Lots of chit-chat, but nobody challenging the maths? I must have done something wrong!?

A biometric body-bike fitment is when someone does a complete biometric analysis on you, confirming all the variables that can impact on your body-bike fitment, and then fit your bike to your body.

We just ignore you now.

So basically an ErgoFit ...which cost R400 - had one 3 weeks ago and doubt the price is more volitile than petrol. We can take your maths and divide by two for a more accurate picture. Also most cyclist at this level have more than one kit ......