• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.. maybe he's out training.

:ph34r:

He better be.

I am thinking of upping the stakes.

Seeing this thread is the Cape Epic battle plan thread, I was thinking that this race should take place at Epic.

In the rain, and in case none of you believe me.

Here are some before and after pics.

Before I lost my chain :

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8320/7970512762_362afee6e1_b.jpg

IMG_0829 by OddPix1, on Flickr

After I took the belt from my Levis :

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8458/7982822390_15c2339678_b.jpg

IMG_1280 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Jees! Was so wet it also scrubbed all the paint off your frame, powdercoated it again and filed the dropouts into a new design! That's MOER of a wet!

Jees! Was so wet it also scrubbed all the paint off your frame, powdercoated it again and filed the dropouts into a new design! That's MOER of a wet!

Thanks for noticing Cap. :thumbup:

The conditions were really rough.

Thanks for noticing Cap. :thumbup:

The conditions were really rough.

things have gone too far when you use carbon belts to hold up your jeanpants. too far.

Ok, so it appears my training is not going as planned.

Riding in the rain and this crummy weather this morning, I lost my chain, trues bob, sommer net gone :eek:

So luckily I had my best pair of cycling pants, my trusty Levis.

I took off my belt and slapped than on to the bike.

20 minutes later my pants start falling off (at my weight you tend to lose weight very quickly from strenuous exercise)

I stop on this single track and spot a geel slang, I gooi'd the oke knockout with my multi-tool (which I bought from ClintZA)

Making sure the oke was dizness, I picked him up and used him as a belt in my Levis.

All in all a real hard and mentally a really tough ride , but I have been training for this challenge for the last 30 odd years and won't let little issues bog me down

Luckily yous not a small oke so yous belt can like to be long enuf to sommer fit on yous bike. Us skinny okes would has to join our belts togever to makes a drifv belt and then tow the ovfer oke with the geel slang.

When you have set your goal and you commit yourself to it, stay focused. Do not allow any trivial challenges to side-track you from your "battle plan" ...

PS. The 80km on the SA XCM Champs 2013 it will be (as agreed).

When you have set your goal and you commit yourself to it, stay focused. Do not allow any trivial challenges to side-track you from your "battle plan" ... PS. The 80km on the SA XCM Champs 2013 it will be (as agreed).

Thought its going to be attakwas?

When you have set your goal and you commit yourself to it, stay focused. Do not allow any trivial challenges to side-track you from your "battle plan" ...

PS. The 80km on the SA XCM Champs 2013 it will be (as agreed).

Ah. Less than 100km again. I see... Hardly a fitting challenge for one trying to front the "Epic Battle Plan"

Jinne Meneer. Your fiets even skrikked itself into anuffer colour too. Phats sommer blerrie hardcore!

Edited by specializedfan

Ah. Less than 100km again. I see... Hardly a fitting challenge for one trying to front the "Epic Battle Plan"

does it really matter? would love to see this, even if its the sunday school "pret trap"