Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2016 Pyga Stage, Pike shock with 140mm travel, Crest rims with Chris King hubs, Cane creek headset, Raceface stem, 1x11 XT groupset.

Jealous :devil:  :devil: :devil:  :devil:  

I'm running M8000 1 x 11 XT, 30T upfront and 11-46 cassette. I only use the 46 on long steep climbs. I like the 1 x 11 more than the 2 x 10 I had before.

I am not sure if it has been covered within these 222 pages, but a question for folks who have installed a 1x11 XT system on their 110's: are you happy with the system? Would you change anything? What size front chainring and cluster are you using?

I am about to pull the trigger on a XT 8000 system, with a 11-42 cassette and 32 front. Some forums recon it is worth upgrading the shifter to XTR, but I don't believe it is worth an extra R1000.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi guys, what can my 110 realistically expect to fetch?

It's defintely a more trail specific build and not XC.

post-58702-0-60520100-1482526537_thumb.jpg

> Excellent condition frame

> Pike 140 RCT3 Solo Air

> Easton Arc30 Rims on Hope hubs

> Santa Cruz 740mm carbon bars

> 55mm FUNN stem

> SLX brakes

> SLX shifter

> XT clutch derailleur

> XT cassette (11-36) & 42t expander cog

> Lyne Pulse crankset

> Fox DOSS dropper post

Would really appreciate the feedback as I'm trying to determine if new bike dream is feasable or not. 

It's worth what someone will pay for it. Half the value when new is a reasonable starting point for a bike a few years old with normal wear and tear.

+10% if the bike is in pristine/new condition. -10% if it needs some maintenance.

The hype around cracked OneTen frames is going to affect what someone is willing to pay.

attachicon.gifIMG_0323.JPG

> Pike 140 RCT3 Solo Air

> 55mm FUNN stem

> SLX brakes

> SLX shifter

> XT clutch derailleur

> Lyne Pulse crankset

> Fox DOSS dropper post

Would really appreciate the feedback as I'm trying to determine if new bike dream is feasable or not.

It's worth what someone will pay for it. Half the value when new is a reasonable starting point for a bike a few years old with normal wear and tear.

+10% if the bike is in pristine/new condition. -10% if it needs some maintenance.

The hype around cracked OneTen frames is going to affect what someone is willing to pay.

Thanks for the feedback. Seems there are some seriously overpriced 110's in the classifieds when applying your formula...might explain why they haven't sold  ;)

As for the "hype", I'm not convinced it's bigger than a handful of bikes and maybe 10 members on BikeHub so not too worried about that. Certainly didn't put me off when I bought it back then. Don't get me wrong, I take note of it but am satisfied with the response from Pyga in most of the few cases I'm aware of. MTB frames crack, it's part of the game in my opinion. Just don't ride a 50k bike without proper insurance  :thumbdown:

Edited by Pyka

attachicon.gifIMG_0323.JPG

> Pike 140 RCT3 Solo Air

> 55mm FUNN stem

> SLX brakes

> SLX shifter

> XT clutch derailleur

> Lyne Pulse crankset

> Fox DOSS dropper post

What's the dream bike?

The bike mentioned above was mine.. To give a little context to the issues mentioned...

I sold my 110 as my Max had just arrived. I initially had absolutely no plan on selling it, but it was suggested to me that having 3 bikes in the entrance hall wasn't ideal for a good marriage.

About two weeks later I received Whatsapp pics of the broken chainstay. As luck would have it, the day I cancelled my insurance on it was when Paul contacted me to tell me about the issue he had while taking a peddle at Magic Forest. I was very surprised with the chainstay breaking and got both Pat and Revolution involved with fixing it - which they did without any quibble, even although I had sold the bike.

The guys at Revolution can also vouch for the fact that the bike was fully serviced at all times. Two days before I sold it, it went to Revolution for a top to bottom final service to check that the bike was 100% before sending it to its new owner. 

So as Baracuda rather stupidly suggests above, it was not sold because of any underlying issues, if I had been aware of any problems not only did I still have warranty, but I was (and still am on my current bike) fully comprehensively insured, so it would have been one simple phone call to get it sorted. 

Further, the crack in  the frame was found almost a year after I sold the bike, not on the second ride.

I was contacted by Paul a week or so ago, and I forwarded him the original invoice documents that I had on file for the bike to help him with his claim.

Tom

Hi Tom,

My apologies. As mentioned I had a tough time with an Anthem. Similar in that it starting packing up after two rides, frame crack, then the BB had issues, then the .....

But very different, in that the previous owner told me he had bought it new and used it for 6 weeks to train for the Epic and then got a S-works - which he had there when I picked it up. When the nonsense started, I took it to Luke Rex who works on all my bikes and as I wheeled it in, he said "I know this bike, I serviced it on the last 2 Epics". The bike was  3 years old and had been ridden into the ground.

My apologies once again.

Certainly didn't put me off when I bought it back then. Don't get me wrong, I take note of it but am satisfied with the response from Pyga in most of the few cases I'm aware of:

It also didn't put me off when I bought mine, Patrick is genuine and I believe he will stand behind the Pyga Brand. Even the most expensive cars have manufacturing defects.

T

Think it has been shown.. Pat is totally behind his Brand/name

G

It also didn't put me off when I bought mine, Patrick is genuine and I believe he will stand behind the Pyga Brand. Even the most expensive cars have manufacturing defects.

T

You may already have done so, but I highly recommend a test ride on the Stage MAX. Ride up hill and back down again. The rougher the better. Then decide.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Would love a stage but haven't seen any of those go for anything remotely affordable. Huge Pyga fan but Canyon does have that certain "exotic allure"

My LBS owner loves Canyons, says he spends loads of time fixing them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by anthemic

Hi Tom,

My apologies. As mentioned I had a tough time with an Anthem. Similar in that it starting packing up after two rides, frame crack, then the BB had issues, then the .....

But very different, in that the previous owner told me he had bought it new and used it for 6 weeks to train for the Epic and then got a S-works - which he had there when I picked it up. When the nonsense started, I took it to Luke Rex who works on all my bikes and as I wheeled it in, he said "I know this bike, I serviced it on the last 2 Epics". The bike was 3 years old and had been ridden into the ground.

My apologies once again.

Luke is a legend. Calls a spade a fkn spade. No tiptoeing for that boytjie

My LBS owner loves Canyons, says he spends loads of time fixing them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must say, been reading some forums on the net about shapeshifter reliability issues and it seems like a real problem for the early bikes. Maybe this dream bike can turn into a real nightmare. Anyway, back to all thing Pyga. 

Edited by Pyka