Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was some chit-chat about it ages ago, but how does the internal cabling work on a metal Pyga? It looks like the cable comes out at the bottom of the seattube? Does it then run up below the BB?

Next question... Can one retro drill this arrangement? 

I know there was some chit-chat about it ages ago, but how does the internal cabling work on a metal Pyga? It looks like the cable comes out at the bottom of the seattube? Does it then run up below the BB?

Next question... Can one retro drill this arrangement? 

Search this thread. I posted the directions Pyga gave me someway back.

Edit: Found it. https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/119246-post-your-pyga/page-158#entry2713391 

Edited by GrahamS2

There's a guy selling a rev on that FB group mountbikers do it downhill for a good deal.

I ended up buying the Revelation fork from RayJ.... Thanks for the heads up!

Search this thread. I posted the directions Pyga gave me someway back.

Edit: Found it. https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/119246-post-your-pyga/page-158#entry2713391 

Cool, thanks. So did you route under the BB? I see the newer bikes have cable guides UNDER the bike. Mine doesn't. I should ask Patrick if you can drill the front side of the seat-tube. I'll probably just get the silent head-shake.

Any one seen the Philip Buys new bike?

It is probably the white Stage.

Euro Steel green perhaps.

If you know, please spill the beans.

I Haven't seen anything yet but are curious as hell ! I Also thought they must be racing with Stage's butt no idea of colour scheme.

I Haven't seen anything yet but are curious as hell ! I Also thought they must be racing with Stage's butt no idea of colour scheme.

I asked Gerrie Beukes, Matthys' brother, but he doesn't know himself either.

OK so, my Stage frame theoretically lands at my door in February. Pretty well set on all the parts but have a chain line and crank question. I'm intending to run 1x11 XT gearing but not sure about cranks.

Q1. With the +5 system do I need to adjust the chainring spacing on the drive side at all ( i.e with spacers etc). I know I'll need to adjust the wheel dishing but should I be lookin out for anything specific with the crankset?

Q2- I'm keen on the XT cranks but I hear they only take M8000 chain rings because of the BCD. I like Oval rings ( no debate required, I just like them), is this true about the XT specificity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK so, my Stage frame theoretically lands at my door in February. Pretty well set on all the parts but have a chain line and crank question. I'm intending to run 1x11 XT gearing but not sure about cranks.

Q1. With the +5 system do I need to adjust the chainring spacing on the drive side at all ( i.e with spacers etc). I know I'll need to adjust the wheel dishing but should I be lookin out for anything specific with the crankset?

Q2- I'm keen on the XT cranks but I hear they only take M8000 chain rings because of the BCD. I like Oval rings ( no debate required, I just like them), is this true about the XT specificity?

A2 - they do have a fairly specific BCD but there are quite a few manufactures that make chainrings to fit these shimano cranks. Have a look on chain reaction cycles website

A2 - they do have a fairly specific BCD but there are quite a few manufactures that make chainrings to fit these shimano cranks. Have a look on chain reaction cycles website

I'll check thanks, couldn't find oval rings to fit but I'll look again

Running those, no chaindrop yet.

Alternative you could use one up oval

Thanks