Post your Pyga

PYGA1

27 minutes ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Yeah, it is only the suspension travel that differs, which obviously changes the angles as well. 

Thanks - I have the 205X65(TR) Super Deluxe Ultimate on my Hymax. Is it the linkage setup that makes the difference in rear travel between the two bikes?

Edited by KevinDS

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, KevinDS said:

Thanks - I'm a little confused...I have a 205X65(TR) Super Deluxe Ultimate on my Hymax. Do I have 140 or 160mm rear travel? 😕 Is it the linkage setup that makes the difference between the two bikes?

What is the serial number on the shock? Pretty sure that is a 160mm though. So you have a slakline… lol. 

Fork travel?

Edited by Fred van Vlaanderen
Added info

4 minutes ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

What is the serial number on the shock? Pretty sure that is a 160mm though. So you have a slakline… lol. 

Fork travel?

It's got a Pike fork at 140mm travel. Looking at swapping out the air shaft to 150/160mm.

1 minute ago, KevinDS said:

It's got a Pike fork at 140mm travel. Looking at swapping out the air shaft to 150/160mm.

Would you fancy more travel? Because that would them work. If you want a hyrax (more trail, less enduro), get a 140mm rear. 

Where did you get your bike? Strange that it would have this 160/140 setup, so I’m quite curious. 

12 minutes ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Share us a pic so we can drool. Congrats and enjoy the new ride.

welcome to the family.

G

Thank you will post a pic soon 😀 I'm still a little surprised that I may have 160mm rear travel (Slackline) on this thing. If thats definitely the case I'll be putting the Pike fork up to its max travel - 160mm.

14 hours ago, KevinDS said:

Thanks - I have the 205X65(TR) Super Deluxe Ultimate on my Hymax. Is it the linkage setup that makes the difference in rear travel between the two bikes?

The only thing that changes is the shock stroke. The simplest way to tell a hyrax from a slakline (assuming it has the original rear shock) is to look for a piggyback. The slakline has the piggyback super deluxe ultimate, whereas the hyrax has the non-piggyback super deluxe if I remember correctly.

Everything else is the exact same between the 2 bikes. Also I also have a 3d printed travel reducer if I wanna turn it into a hyrax, so I might be keen to try that soon. 

Additionally, I can't speak for the new pikes, but I have heard that a 160 pike can be quite flexy, due to the fact that it has the least bushing overlap out of all the travel options, because that is the max travel for that fork - and in my opinion, if you want 160 then go for a lyrik.

30 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

The only thing that changes is the shock stroke. The simplest way to tell a hyrax from a slakline (assuming it has the original rear shock) is to look for a piggyback. The slakline has the piggyback super deluxe ultimate, whereas the hyrax has the non-piggyback super deluxe if I remember correctly.

Everything else is the exact same between the 2 bikes. Also I also have a 3d printed travel reducer if I wanna turn it into a hyrax, so I might be keen to try that soon. 

Additionally, I can't speak for the new pikes, but I have heard that a 160 pike can be quite flexy, due to the fact that it has the least bushing overlap out of all the travel options, because that is the max travel for that fork - and in my opinion, if you want 160 then go for a lyrik.

+1 on the fork comments. Agree! 

2 hours ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

I have an older 160mm travel adjust Pike and it's solid. Then again I probably don't have the talent to ride it to flexing point, but I did square edge a concrete block hidden in grass the other day that destroyed both front and back tyres and required some creative panel beating to straighten the rims. The Pike didn't flinch, and saved me that day, using all 160mm of travel to absorb what it could and the wheels had to cope with the rest.