Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Veshanp said:

Bike hub won't allow me to upload any other pictures because they are apparently "too big" but here's my Pyga Slakline Carbon with the 2019 paint job (I think I cant really remember what year) just put some New Magura mt5s on her.

IMG_20220502_091520_420.jpg

Sweet pic though

2 hours ago, Veshanp said:

Bike hub won't allow me to upload any other pictures because they are apparently "too big" but here's my Pyga Slakline Carbon with the 2019 paint job (I think I cant really remember what year) just put some New Magura mt5s on her.

IMG_20220502_091520_420.jpg

I got round this problem by screenshotting them and then posting them, they were literally 1/10th the size after that

Also how have your experiences with the mt5s been?

I have heard they are a pain to bleed and I have seen quite a few of the levers develop leaks,  hopefully your set doesn't give you any trouble

Okay cool thanks ill try that out

Touch wood nothing has happened yet but funny enough I just got them fitted yesterday so its still early days, but so far seems like its built well. I did order them from Germany and paid significantly less than ordering it here in SA but they seem very very strong, im just worried about the levers snapping because iv seen alot of people complaining about that.

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Percyzn said:

The all new PYGA TiG, what a beaut! Cannot explain how well this bike rides the trails. Simply spectacular. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-06 at 5.47.18 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-06 at 7.28.51 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-06 at 9.51.55 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-06 at 11.40.26 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-09 at 2.14.00 PM.jpeg

Oh wow, that is stunning. Enjoy!!

3 hours ago, splat said:

Seems like they have done a bit of a 'soft launch'

https://bikenetwork.co.za/review-pyga-tig/

Bike looks pretty awesome!
I would like to see what the pricing looks like

Probably around the R80k range with SRAM Eagle I would guess. I think the framesets would be around R40k. 

Also curious to see though. I would’ve seriously been in the market for one if I didn’t love my Hyrax so much. Probably one of the issues of building such quality bikes in lower volumes - if you build them so good, the bike might outlast the rider. 

Edited by Fred van Vlaanderen
Spelling

2 hours ago, Aron Horn said:

Took me a while to get it looking exactly how I wanted but super happy with how it came out. 

My Pyga Slakline, size large with custom red to black fade paint job, custom Ballistec Bike Armour Graphics, Raw Alu Csixx Derailleur cage and chainring. 

9AADC9ED-C45B-46C6-876C-9AAE4960F75F.jpeg

What a build!

Normally I only like the PYGA's when raw... but this is one rad paint job. Also is that the new LYRIK with the charger 3? I have heard good things about them and I am super curious on how it rides compared to the charger 2.1 (I would personally take a lyrik over a zeb because I am a pretty light guy)

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2022 at 9:26 AM, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Also it has hyrax stickers but is actually a slakline now haha

Do the Hyrax and Slackline share the exact same frame?

25 minutes ago, KevinDS said:

Do the Hyrax and Slackline share the exact same frame?

Yeah, it is only the suspension travel that differs, which obviously changes the angles as well.