Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Ya, those Crests are good wheels, but they're not as cheap as they were, and I recently destroyed one, along with my shoulder... I think if you have a bike that you're going to abuse a bit, then the Arch will be a lot better...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a few Novatech hubs. Always enjoyed them, although the freewheel body is soft. Cracked quite a few of them. You can get replacement bodies though.

What hubs are you guys running with the Crest's.

I've got Hope Pro 2 EVO's

G

As well.

Stans hubs - been faultless - 4 years. Had new bearings about 2 months back. I've heard that Hopes are also quite soft, but the cassette digs into the stans hubs too.

Anybody here got a RS PIKE 150mm on the 120 650B?

I know someone who's just building one. I was gonna put a 34 X-fusion Sweep on mine, but at the end of the day our riding here is not as voes as other parts of the world, and I want to race the bike, so I went lighter.

Pike isn't cheap either...

But let me say this, because I haven't before. The Orange 650 is an amazing bike - if you set it up right it can really climb - and I come off a 29er hard tail... And I promise you, when you point that thing downhill, it's nothing short of terrifying how stable and controlled it is...

Just saying.

But let me say this, because I haven't before. The Orange 650 is an amazing bike - if you set it up right it can really climb - and I come off a 29er hard tail... And I promise you, when you point that thing downhill, it's nothing short of terrifying how stable and controlled it is...

Just saying.

Well, looks like im gonna try it. Thanks dude!!

Edited by flyluis

Ya, but I wish it was a 120.

Besides having less travel are there any negative effects regarding the handling with the 100mm fork?

Besides having less travel are there any negative effects regarding the handling with the 100mm fork?

For the 29er? I wouldn't say so really. The only thing I can think of is the head angle would change slightly with a longer travel fork, so the bike should be more stable on the downhills. With a 100mm fork this bike is fast and a good climber. Its the best cornering 29er I've ridden.

For the 29er? I wouldn't say so really. The only thing I can think of is the head angle would change slightly with a longer travel fork, so the bike should be more stable on the downhills. With a 100mm fork this bike is fast and a good climber. Its the best cornering 29er I've ridden.

The Zero is made around a 100mm fork as a XC 29r. The nimble cornering can also be contributed to the short chain stays. A mate of mine is running a 140mm fork on his as a bit of a HT trail bike and loves it. This slackens up the head angle and makes it a trail monster that is still capable of climbing well.