Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Had a good ride yesterday at Tokai and out at Paul Cluver today.

Had to let a bit of air out the front, as the recommended pressures on the RCT3 as suggest for a 100kg rider were way too high for me... So got the guys at T&T to set it to a 70-80kg person and it felt much better.... Any advice on setting an RCT would be appreciated!

Other than that, its a brilliant ride!

Tom

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7407/11148153923_d5f06d34f6_b.jpg

Dude, wow!

You went all out, this is done well. Love the extra Hope bits. How are those grips, I am thinking of getting some?

Lovely bike. I actually liked the stickers on the rims. But then its not mine, its yours. Enjoy

Well, maybe, as a nice compromise, the stickers are still there on the left side of the bike. :-)

Dude, wow!

You went all out, this is done well. Love the extra Hope bits. How are those grips, I am thinking of getting some?

Heh, thanks. Love the grips. Though I heard they tend to get slippery when wet. We'll see.

Nice build! I bought 3M Helicopter tape - instead of the frame protection stickers, its much cheaper than the frame stickers.

Tom

Thanks, will look into this tape because the frame stickers are not a nice solution.

RE the air pressure.....Get a shock pump and carry it with you on the first couple of rides....

Edited by Hairy

Had a good ride yesterday at Tokai and out at Paul Cluver today.

Had to let a bit of air out the front, as the recommended pressures on the RCT3 as suggest for a 100kg rider were way too high for me... So got the guys at T&T to set it to a 70-80kg person and it felt much better.... Any advice on setting an RCT would be appreciated!

Other than that, its a brilliant ride!

Tom

I've just been through the same thing. My setup got a lot better when I set everything to mush and then worked up from there.

So set as little rebound and compression as possible, and then set your sag at 30%. Like you I ended up with MUCH less air pressure. Then I add rebound until I get that bounce and a half, and then I added a touch of compression, but not much at all.

thinking I need to set my RCT3 and Monarch also up properly.

Anyone have an idea of the pressures for 70kg rider?

PS: whats everyone's solution to carrying (multi tool, 2 x air bomb, bomb adapter, tubeless repair kit),

atm I carry it in a saddle bag, but want to keep the place open for a rear facing GoPro housing

G

so now you then need to show both bikes next to each other

this does have the advantage of creating reason to rebuild the 110 into a new look

G

It got raided for the 650, I've been building it back up slowly - have all the stuff now.