Well done Burry

Natural Defender

I sat on the edge of my seat during the Olympic cross country race yesterday. When Burry made contact with the leading group, I thought he was in with a chance to win.

I am sorry he did not achieve his goal of a medal, but hats off to him, he battled all the way to the finish.

Well done Burry, you did us proud.

Cheers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great race and looked extremely grueling.

Well done Barry on that accomplishment.

proud of the Africanmtbkid.

It was a great race and looked extremely grueling.

Well done Barry on that accomplishment.

proud of the Africanmtbkid.

Ditto

what a race! very tense - i was probably as exhausted as Burry. He rode like a champion. You did South Africa and South African MTBrs proud - well done Burry.

Incredible, gutsy ride! I'll bet Burry won over millions of supporters yesterday - what a legend!

How did the commentators, clearly watchin the same race as us on the tele, not manage to see when Fontana's seat post clearly broke/came out on the 1 incline??? There were numerous pictures again after that of him on his bike without a stem and saddle and yet they still didnt pick it up... What race were they watching??? :wacko: The 1 comment i enjoyed from the commentators though was "even if stander doesnt medal in this race, he surely is the hero of today".....That was awesome to hear...Well done Bury :clap:

Jip. Such a cruel sport compared to some of the other olympic sports. Personally I feel the first 10 places in this and the road race deserves medals.

These okes work really hard and only has one oppertunity whereas some other okes sommer wen 5 medaljes by een spele!

as i said, it was clear as day...at 1st i wasnt sure what it was, but then saw him struggling up to the top of the incline without being able to sit down....yet he still won bronze...respect

This was one of the best XC races I've seen on TV, big thumbs up to Schurter, Burry, Koolhavey, Fontana and Hermida for making it such a good race.

Sad Olympic ending for Absalon, he deserved better imo but thats life for you

Koolharvey gives us heffalumps hope... :clap: