Possible bike jacking attempt in Emmarentia

Pieter1

Kids

They do this kind of thing

Kid? Seriously? That must be one messed up kid. I mean I was a naughty sh** but I would never in a million year dream up a way of hurting someone.

No ways, I am sticking with bike jacker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids

They do this kind of thing

Ja if I had to put money on it, I would say it was kids...

Edited by rouxtjie

Kid? Seriously? That must be one messed up kid. I mean I was a naughty sh** but I would never in a million year dream up a way of hurting someone.

No ways, I am sticking with bike jacker

There are lots of messed up kids

Look how full the courts and jails are.They did not fall out of trees but started as kids

Edited by Kranswurm

There are lots of messed up kids

Look how full the courts and jails are.They did not fall out of trees but started as kids

Kids don't just happen to have a green (no co-incidence that) rope with them when they're out playing, then take the time and effort to hang a large rock from it and then not hang around to see the "fruits" of their labour. As we all know kids are not good at delayed gratification - they want to watch and enjoy the havoc they cause (and probably record it on their phones).

If a bike jacker is going to be bothered with a rock and a rope they would rather swing it at you.

I hope it's not, that is a bit malicious and could cause some serious damage. Was it only the one rock Pieter ? Just regarding people and their dogs, and slate me all you all like. Had I been living around there and walked my dog there on a regular basis, I would have hated MTB's with every bone in my body. Some of the guys have zero respect for other people sharing the Spruit with them and often bear down on them without any intention of slowing down.

Completely agree with you. I've had near head on collisions with several MTB'ers there who I would swear did not have brakes fitted to their bikes, full on suicide hold. No slowing down and no attempt to even shift a little off the path to allow us to pass each other, leaving me bundu bashing. Is it becoming a case of whoever is bigger wins?

Definitely. I try to give dogs and walkers as much space as possible and often slow down to just above walking speed but most do not.

Knowing that animals are unpredictable I'm stunned how arrogant some people are that they fly past large and small dogs with little more than 1 metre berth. Not only will they seriously injure the poor animal should they suddenly dash off into the path of the rider but an incident may conjure a culture of banning MTB from public parks should the dog walker feel strongly enough and put pressure on parks and recreation and local ward councillors.

How many incidents in the news with kids dropping rocks onto cars off highway bridges?

There is a new breed of stupid...

My point exactly - drop the rock, watch the outcome, run like hell, have a good laugh and you can repeat it many times a day with the desired outcome. Hanging rocks from trees takes time and there's no guarantee of getting the results you want.

How many incidents in the news with kids dropping rocks onto cars off highway bridges?

There is a new breed of stupid...

Been going on for years.There has always been an element stealing,vandalising,hurting,bullying,etc,etc

Catch and take a belt to them

Ja if I had to put money on it, I would say it was kids...

Kids have no respect now days, I wouldnt rule them out.

Catch the little swine and give him the hiding of his life with the vine he used, if daddy comes to defend his spawn give him a hiding as well :cursing:

This rubbish drives me mad just like graffiti baas teds!!

I'll be riding there alone this afternoon around 16:30. I still think I'm safe there. As previously mentioned, it's pretty busy and busy areas are often your friend despite being annoying with people and animals getting in your way.

How oftern do you go ride there? I might want to join one afternoon if you are willing to show me the routes.

How oftern do you go ride there? I might want to join one afternoon if you are willing to show me the routes.

I'm looking at riding on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Start at Delta Park (top) and then move my way over and up to Emmarentia. You're welcome to join. Just give me a shout.

I ride almost every day from around 2:30. Edit: From Fratellis. Edited by Pieter1

I ride from Fratelli to Emmerentia and back a few times per week but at different times of the day.

Edited by slick