Possible bike jacking attempt in Emmarentia

Pieter1

So today was the first time that I've had some drama on a trail/path. I thought I'd share just so you guys/girls could avoid it or just be on the look out for these "traps". Coming out of the pine forest towards the treeline at Emmarentia I hit this gem of a rock suspended by a vine across the trail. Luckily I was on a 29er and could not blast through the single track otherwise it could have really hurt.

Don't know if this has happened before but just watch out.

P.s. I'm no photo genius so just look for the rock I think I got it in frame.

post-25481-0-14546900-1344871453.jpg

post-25481-0-38149600-1344871478.jpg

post-25481-0-46444800-1344871495.jpg

Edited by Pieter1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DAMN.

So what you are saying is somebody suspended that rock from the tree to take out riders?

I feel sorry for the guy that gets caught doing that...

wow that is not cool.

I wonder if it was someone trying to be malicious or funny,

or if it was maybe an attempt by bike jackers to get a cyclist to fall off before steeling a bike, but got bored and buggered off

did you take it down?

Yea of coarse!! After a f this and that shouting session. It was shoulder to neck height for me so yea head hight for other people. I don't think its funny of this oke, if I was going faster it could have taken me off of the bike.

DAMN.

So what you are saying is somebody suspended that rock from the tree to take out riders?

I feel sorry for the guy that gets caught doing that...

Yea dude. I dont know if its just to sabotage or to bikejack. After it hit me I slowed down and backtracked to see what I rode into. They/he/she broke a branch from another tree to suspend it in the middle of the trail. I've also moved a big tree that was laid accross the track just after that litlle jump after that top treeline. I also almost slamed into that thing. I dont know if this has anything to do with the rock or just some tonsil trying to be funny.

Pieter. Go to the police and ask them what to do/what actions you need to take.

When I catch and kill the ********** that did that at least I will be able to claim self defence

GBH! That is the same as pouring oil on the street to cause an accident. What kind of people do this type of thing?

Pieter. Go to the police and ask them what to do/what actions you need to take.

When I catch and kill the ******** that did that at least I will be able to claim self defence

Will do dude. Wht station is in charge of the area? Edited by RodTi
Language

Thats a seriously hectic story, some terrible damage could have been done. I agree with going to the Police.