Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the cap?

Ta for spotting that, i got rid of the pen but the cap was still on my desk :o

MacDaddy, any chance you could organise a Pyga? ;)

Just glad it's out in the open and sorted out, no more innuendo and false positives. If anyone buys anything second-hand, and hasn't checked every single bit of the history of that item, we're as guilty.

I make damn sure that anything I buy from anyone that the merchandise I buy is not stolen, even more so when it's second hand. If I'm unsure about where that person got it from or there's a little twinkling of doubt in my mind, I will not buy it. If you ever been in an armed robbery or in an hijacking, you DON'T want to assist these criminals by purchasing stolen goods, because it sucks being a victim! Also remember, the "n i c e s t" people are the one's you NEVER expected of doing the crime. Criminals are not stupid and they don't have label on there forehead or something to warn you. They blend in well, talk like us and look like you and me.

Some of you are worse than handbag slinging women looking for a sensational story. Bet a lot of you don't even buy of sell on the hub so it's nothing to you.

The dude has cleared up his side of the story, which you demanded. Perhaps poor judgement, but it doesn't make him a crook.

No witch hunt coming from me, just a simple question. If I was offered to do something, would you not ask the relevant questions? Perhaps it was just a lapse in judgement as stated and yes, I do buy & sell on the hub.

I make damn sure that anything I buy from anyone that the merchandise I buy is not stolen, even more so when it's second hand. If I'm unsure about where that person got it from or there's a little twinkling of doubt in my mind, I will not buy it. If you ever been in an armed robbery or in an hijacking, you DON'T want to assist these criminals by purchasing stolen goods, because it sucks being a victim! Also remember, the "n i c e s t" people are the one's you NEVER expected of doing the crime. Criminals are not stupid and they don't have label on there forehead or something to warn you. They blend in well, talk like us and look like you and me.

Exactly.

Lol... All this "alarm" was due to the following:

Bad information (very bad) from the OP.

Overt threats from the OP (which were deleted from the thread altogether)

Direct and wilful obfuscation of the details of the case, when there was every possibility that there were other hubbers that could have been affected

It now comes to light that the OP was grossly misinformed as to the state of the "case" and there was in fact no arrest. There also seems to be no wrongdoing on the part of the victim of the original misinformation (macdaddy) apart from potentially some naivety when selling by proxy.

As for the handbag singing, that was all directed at the op.

And edit: big up to Macdaddy for coming on here to clear it up...

Edited by cptmayhem

Ta for spotting that, i got rid of the pen but the cap was still on my desk :o

Your boss will be on you like a bad rash, but why does your boss use such a cheapskate pen?

Your boss will be on you like a bad rash, but why does your boss use such a cheapskate pen?

Dangle covered it :lol:

To be honest the cheapskates on here have a habit of haggling things down so much that one can't help but think that every cheap deal is the norm.

Bike gets stolen, owner finds it on the interwebs and sets up a meeting to "buy" it back

This is my fave:

To set the record straight.....

1. I was not arrested but taken in to give a statement.

2. I never purchased the goods mentioned but merely offered to sell them for an acquaintance.

3. I have given the cops the identity of the person whom I got the goods from and he is being investigated.

4. I would not knowingly sell stolen goods and jeoprdize my name. (Especially on this forum) or anywhere else for that matter.

5. Anyone who has purchased anything else from me is welcome to contact me and clear up any uncertainty.

6. I made a bad judgement call by offering to sell these goods and have to pay the price. (It can happen to you too)

Lastly, I'd like to apologise to the people affect in this incident.

Respect! Big up.

Dear Scotty.

You owe me a new screen. No cheap Somali ones.

Ta.

SB

An african import or wine taster - what kind of Sommalian are we talking about here anyway ?

Hi Li

Sorry for the edit - but it has all been cleared. Look a few pages back to find out.

SB

mmm moderated because my post criticised the OP original thin post, which now turns out to be justified by Macdaddy's statement.

Bit quick on the draw there SB?

I agree completely, but it is often easier said than done... I did my research on the bike before buying it and I still can not find anything showing that the original owner ever made any effort to recover the bike. If he had, I would have been the first person to help him to recover it when I first saw it (I have helped people to recover 2 stolen bikes before that I found advertised online). Thankfully MacDaddy is more than happy to make good my losses on this transaction and now it is just to make sure that the return is dealt with in the correct manner and with the correct people involved which should hopefully happen this evening. MacDaddy does appear to be making every possible effort to rectify the situation (which is not something that other stolen bike dealers I have come across have been willing to do.

I do believe MacDaddy's response today - both on here and to me personally - were dealt with in the correct manner. He has taken responsibility for resolving the issues and confronted it head on rather than trying to avoid or deny the issue.