Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

So

The OP gets smacked around the ear for reporting that someone was selling stolen stuff....

and

Then the guy selling stolen stuff gets congratulted...

koF I must be old fashioned.... but thats just wrong.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So

The OP gets smacked around the ear for reporting that someone was selling stolen stuff....

and

The way i see it is the OP came and dropped a bomb and then the guy selling "stolen" stuff came and cleaned up the mess.

The OP also said the guy was arrested but this was not true. So OP could of also got all his facts together before dropping that bomb. He had good intentions but i feel he did more harm by the way he went about things

Can somebody please explain to me how to actually make sure something is not stolen? Hubbers have been saying they make sure and check out everything, but in my mind, the only sure way would be to have the original invoice and then all the sale contracts between the different owners since then.

So two relatively simple checks, invoice and sale contracts, but who can check those two boxes for every purchase?

Original packaging? I have a cupboard almost full of original packaging. Or maybe I just have OCD....

So

and

Nah. You missed all the insults and threats that were deleted from the topic.

OP was, and is, a tjop. His intentions were in the right place, but he managed to get all the information COMPLETELY wrong, and offend quite a few people in the process.

His only correct summation was that stolen goods had been sold by a hubber.

OP was, and is, a tjop. His intentions were in the right place, but he managed to get all the information COMPLETELY wrong, and offend quite a few people in the process.

Maybe Swiss did some skimming....

The way i see it is the OP came and dropped a bomb and then the guy selling "stolen" stuff came and cleaned up the mess.

The OP also said the guy was arrested but this was not true. So OP could of also got all his facts together before dropping that bomb. He had good intentions but i feel he did more harm by the way he went about things

Yeah if all crooks were like Macdaddy and all good okes like the OP.

I would have crooks for mates.

Yeah if all crooks were like Macdaddy and all good okes like the OP.

I would have crooks for mates.

Exactly...if Macdaddy was a crook he would never have came and cleaned this S@#t up

It's quite an interesting case where somebody acts as an agent between the seller and buyer and when the product is found to be stolen. What legal implications are there for the agent? Would it matter if receives commission or not? Where does the law stand?

Legal eagles?!

It's quite an interesting case where somebody acts as an agent between the seller and buyer and when the product is found to be stolen. What legal implications are there for the agent? Would it matter if receives commission or not? Where does the law stand?

Legal eagles?!

It's called a fence

Bike gets stolen, owner finds it on the interwebs and sets up a meeting to "buy" it back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-GVpIaPEGM&feature=player_embedded

All very well except that the guys says his bike is his pride and joy. Why then doesn't he have serial numbers, photos of the bike (detailed) and receipts himself? While you still have your possesions, take some decent photos of them, write down the SN and keep it safe. ALL parts have serial numbers, and if they don't, make up your own and engrave it then photograph it.

Macdaddy, you should be more careful if you have a family that depends on you. Double think your actions. Every single one.

Exactly...if Macdaddy was a crook he would never have came and cleaned this S@#t up

Not true at all.

Who cares that he got the arrested part all cocked up, despite what the OP "got wrong" the crux of the thread was some [insert your choice] hubber was selling stolen stuff, apparently unknowingly :oops: …like someone will admit to knowingly selling stolen stuff…

Only insults i saw were aimed at the OP, it usually takes 2 or more to have an argument about something. Maybe he was provoked by the initial responses because he did not want to reveal the name, anyway that’s all irrelevant....The most important bit that someone was selling stolen stuff is what counts and he was right about that, yes?

Looks like some peps let their adrenalin gland override the #1 central logic processor

I just love this Hub function where you can choose not to see someones posts.

Every so often one happens to click the view it anyway button and then you have a good laugh.

The Hub, this place will be spoken of in Sci-Fi movies in time to come.