Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

Hi Hubbers

I had a talk with hubber in question and decided to edit this post.

Naas will also ask admin to remove this thread.

Regards

Lourens

Edited by Lourens

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone, chill. The truth will come out at some point, the community is in no danger, and everyone loves a good mystery. The good bike sellers on here will just get stronger because people will want to deal with proven sellers even more in future. The guilty party is very unlikely to be trying to sell his stolen goods on the hub at this point. This is also the best place to trade, because of the amount of information flow around. I don't see bidorbuy talking about this issue today.

Edit: I see Lourens has cleared it up. Ah well, back to talking about Armstrong. I'd rather see pics of Pygas.

Edited by Zook

At last order is restored! (or is it? :whistling: )

I sure picked one helluva day to put my bike in the classifieds :blink:

Hi Hubbers

I am Lourens Calitz - owner of Cycle Centre. In July my shop was broken into and amongst other things a Apex Roadbike and a Focus TT Bike was stolen.

On Friday I noticed the Apex Frame as well as the Vison TT-wheels of the TT-bike for sale in the classified section by Hubber "Macdaddy"

On Saterday I along with policemen went to his house after setting up a meeting.

I positively identified the Apex and part/wheels/etc. Also the Vision TT wheels.

Macdaddy was arrested for being in possession of stolen goods - he apparently bought it from a Somalier in Brooklyn...

The only reason why Naas knows about this is that I mentioned it to him on Sat afternoon when he came to pick up his bike that was serviced.

So he tried to do the honourable thing and warn you guys before I could get a chance to post the details. Honestly - the amount of flack he got for doing that is UNBELIEVABLE!

Also - there is still a Red Focus TT-Frame Size M out there. It is the only one in South Africa so if anybody sees it or has bought it please contact me on 021-9100251.

Regards

Lourens

What you didn't see are the posts which were moderated. Naas got flak for being a poepol and threatening people with violence.

Hi Hubbers

I am Lourens Calitz - owner of Cycle Centre. In July my shop was broken into and amongst other things a Apex Roadbike and a Focus TT Bike was stolen.

On Friday I noticed the Apex Frame as well as the Vison TT-wheels of the TT-bike for sale in the classified section by Hubber "Macdaddy"

On Saterday I along with policemen went to his house after setting up a meeting.

I positively identified the Apex and part/wheels/etc. Also the Vision TT wheels.

Macdaddy was arrested for being in possession of stolen goods - he apparently bought it from a Somalier in Brooklyn...

The only reason why Naas knows about this is that I mentioned it to him on Sat afternoon when he came to pick up his bike that was serviced.

So he tried to do the honourable thing and warn you guys before I could get a chance to post the details. Honestly - the amount of flack he got for doing that is UNBELIEVABLE!

Also - there is still a Red Focus TT-Frame Size M out there. It is the only one in South Africa so if anybody sees it or has bought it please contact me on 021-9100251.

Regards

Lourens

All this info 9 pages ago would of prevented a lot of panic

I am Glad the guy has been caught

Edited by fabes

As jy dom is moet jy bloei. Wie de hel koop sulke equipment van 'n SOMALIER en probeer dit dan weer verkoop? Flip, you MUST have known something was fishy.

Have to agree

All this info 9 pages ago would of prevented a lot of panic

I am Glad the guy has been caught

Agreed, thanks anyway for info Lourens.

Morning children...

I am AMAZED at the literally ILLETAERAT and POORLY-THOUGHT OUT responese but hey - give a man a keyboard and remain faceless and everyone is SUPERMAN.

I am going to sum it up.

- I noticed items going up for sale last night by a Hubber whom I have HEARD was arrested on Saterday. I contacted the bike-shop owner to double check and he undertook to say who it was as well as explain the situiation.

- It is after hours and I am REALLY not interested in calling my lawyer and get the do's and dont's in place before naming names - not into slander at all.

- I asked CAPE TOWN Hubbers to be circumspect in their dealings - at least until this was sorted out and cleared. I am also sure the this Hubber is following this thread and has had ample time to fess up.

- I reiterated that the bike shop in question will post the situation - especially as I believe there are still items missing.

So to sum it up - I asked to trade CAREFULLY and give you guys a heads up, For that I was slandered, called names etc.

Strangely enough - all of the name-callers remain faceless and contactless!

I never "threatened" anyone!?

I merely asked The V for his contact details in a PM as it was obvious from his continuos slandering and name-calling that he had an issue and thought it would be in his best interest to take it private.

Needless to say I am still waiting for his contact details...

I am meeting with shop-owner shortly.

Regards Naas

Well said, while the classifieds / selling / buying has no direct effect on me due to my location being a long time member of da hub I have been following the thread with interest, and some dismay :huh: at some of the ungrateful responses…..

Whats the point of your post if you dont name the person?

Make sure the person has been charged and has appeared in court before you start this sort of thread.

I feel like Bill Murray.