Contador vs Froome

Falco

It's still way to early to tell for sure, but watching yesterday's Vuelta finish I got the impression that Contador is stronger than ever, while Froome was looking a bit fragile at times. If the last 2k's weren't downhill, I reckon AC would have taken a few seconds out of Froome.

Bring on the mountains, this is going to be a battle royal, unlike the boring Tour de Wiggins. The best part about this is even though the unofficial battle is between Contador and Froome, there are a couple of other riders who are quite capable of upsetting both their plans.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pal,the only reason the tour seemed so "boring" was that Wiggo and his team were so dominant,he never needed to attack,and no other riders could attack,he dominated like Indurain used too, he took time in the TT and made the pace so hard that no one dared attack on the climbs!! He is a very smart and calculating rider........... Sure as hell not boring!!

Those sudden accelerations are what makes him and Froome such dangerous riders.

There is no doubt Wiggins was the best at the tour- not the strongest, the best, but

on a mountainous route like this, he would struggle to match the accelerations when they happen again and again-as they did yesterday.

I would not worry about Froome - he will be better in the second and third weeks.

Going to be much more exciting than the Tour!

Yay!

Pal,the only reason the tour seemed so "boring" was that Wiggo and his team were so dominant,he never needed to attack,and no other riders could attack,he dominated like Indurain used too, he took time in the TT and made the pace so hard that no one dared attack on the climbs!! He is a very smart and calculating rider........... Sure as hell not boring!!

agree - the idea is to win a tour is it not

how you do it doesn't really count afterwards - unles syou ate spiked steak

but perhaps not everyone understands tour tactics :whistling:

It's still way to early to tell for sure, but watching yesterday's Vuelta finish I got the impression that Contador is stronger than ever, while Froome was looking a bit fragile at times. If the last 2k's weren't downhill, I reckon AC would have taken a few seconds out of Froome.

Bring on the mountains, this is going to be a battle royal, unlike the boring Tour de Wiggins. The best part about this is even though the unofficial battle is between Contador and Froome, there are a couple of other riders who are quite capable of upsetting both their plans.

sure thing Contador hasnt raced for how long, so he shoudl look stronger

Froome should also be little tired after TDF and Olympics.

Should be interesting though, but some outsiders def in with a chance.....

It was still boring to watch. If there had been more real contenders, maybe it would have been worth watching the raceing and not only the scenery

Absolutely agree!!....but it still was boring!

Tour tactics is one thing, but boring viewing is boring viewing. Wiggins rode a boring tour, it was too easy to sit third wheel day after day while the team did the work. I'm sure in this tour, AC is spending more time pissing in a cup than in a toilet, so there will be no steak excuses in three weeks time. There are enough great riders in the Vuelta who can do it on their own, Froome is definitely one, but my man AC will end on top.

Tour tactics is one thing, but boring viewing is boring viewing. Wiggins rode a boring tour, it was too easy to sit third wheel day after day while the team did the work. I'm sure in this tour, AC is spending more time pissing in a cup than in a toilet, so there will be no steak excuses in three weeks time. There are enough great riders in the Vuelta who can do it on their own, Froome is definitely one, but my man AC will end on top.

as long as he has his steaks yes :)

Rodriguez and Valverde were on Contador's wheel at every acceleration. Froome wasn't. I think Froome was being smart though. This race is going to be super good. There were more attacks in yesterday's stage than in the whole of the TDF.

Edited by skidd