Whats a nice width and rise for Bars on an All Mountain MTB?

Skylark

your bar width is perfect if, and only if, when you are riding with a #enduro sleeveless top your arms must be wide enough apart to allow your armpit hair to blow in the wind like those old Percy Montgomery shampoo commercials.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your bar width is perfect if, and only if, when you are riding with a #enduro sleeveless top your arms must be wide enough apart to allow your armpit hair to blow in the wind like those old Percy Montgomery shampoo commercials.

Ok Hairy admit it. You drink at work.

Ok Hairy admit it. You drink at work.

right now ... ginger, lemon and honey brew .... bloody cold / flu / snot thing is back again in short succession

sheesh i am riding 800mm wide bars on my Nomad with a 50mm stem, ride very tight twisty single track and never have any problems, took me a while to get use to the super wide bars but now i cant ride anything else. rode a  mates bike with 70mm bars and felt like i was going to fall on my face.

Add trees and shrubs track side to that mix and it can get interesting... That said I am quite happy with my 785s.

Wide bars don't always work. Second bike (me) 620mm 26" wheels. :eek:

Bloke in front was not good in this narrow area and his bars caught the rock all the time.

post-16912-0-73438800-1465556472_thumb.jpg

Bloke in front was not good in this narrow area and his bars caught the rock all the time.

But that is a marathon, that particular route can hardly be considered to be "all mtb"

my roadie commuter bike has bars that are 160mm wider than your MTB Bars :P