26/27.5/29 Mega Merge Thread.

Tieffels

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, going to go the Chris Hoy route and buy a Track Bike. Going to Builders Warehouse this afternoon to get wood for the velodrome in my back yard!!!!

Ok so I'll try to be serious & on topic (ha ha haaa,,,bulls#1t) pardon sinus :whistling:

Wheelsize doesn't make a bike better, they all do the same thing they were designed to do

in each respective category. What we choose to be the best is just that our choice..

The logic behind the "in between" wheel size makes sence "theoretically" but I recon

we need a lot more ou's riding 650's...for a while before we can get any honest feedback.

So back to the question at hand...Nope, I will be sticking to my trusty old Dikwiel.

I have learned how to make it go around a corner... twice.. & I live in friggin Welkom!!!!

Show me a hill in this place..

post-2426-0-38736300-1343995003.jpg

My Taurine to a 650B conversion was financial, not keen to throw another R45,000 at a hardtail.

The wheel size is comparable to my Road bike size. Looking forward to the ride.

Edited by 101SCC

Hey Hubbers

I am in the process of building up a 29er MTB but now I see that 27.5 (650B) wheeled bikes will hit the market in 2013

From what I understand 26 MTB’s will become ‘extinct species’ in the future.

It seems like the 27.5 will be the perfect MTB, especially for someone above or below average height.

Maybe I should wait and get a 27.5

Is there anyone that can tell us more about the 27.5?

Joe

Edited by dirtyjoe

seriously ... do a search on the Hub as there have been a couple of threads on this.

It seems like the 27.5 will be the perfect MTB, especially for someone above or below average height.

Cool, that means it's the perfect bike for almost everybody! (except if you're the poor oke who is perfectly average...) :ph34r: