Calling all the singlespeed manne

rouxtjie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That depends. I ride and love both equally.

I love doing proper trail riding with jumps, gnarly rocky descents and drops. I just can't see myself riding that hard with the SS compared the dual suspension trail bike.

PS,

I say again...

WARNING, you might NEVER ride your other bike again!!!

Lekker meneer...can't wait...something new and fun to explore, and they are super pimp looking bikes.

Correct!

Although - Iron is using the static "tensioner" where you lift the chain up and tighten the tensioner rather than my method where you hold the chain "down" with the tension of the well uhhh tensioer. We are both happy with out solutions so Iguess it's up to you.

Iron's method looks neater and you get more wrap around the cog. My method allows a greater range of cogs to be used (I use 15-18t cogs).

@Matt (the admin guy)...dont delete this thread in the next few months - I might need some of the tips...

[already tempted again for 'something new']

Well you only have a month till SSWC 2012, so better get your rear into gear!

@Mackie oh no I see some druken CRC buying happening tomorrow night............... This bike will be pimped to the hilt :thumbup:

Well the frame is black...so gold might be a nice pimp colour to go for....I shall call it goldmember

@Mackie oh no I see some druken CRC buying happening tomorrow night............... This bike will be pimped to the hilt :thumbup:

Hope so, you joining us? Around 5ish?

Before you get too carried away walk across the road and come have a look around my garage. Got lotsa SS stuff you can try out

Ta thanks tjom. Checking your boney yesterday after our chat got me all rev'd for this thing. I will need advice man...I pay in beer