recovery shakes

Has anyone used the recovery shakes after a race or a heavy gym session ?

I saw a nutritionist today and she reccommended these rather than whey protein shakes ?

Wondered does anyone have any experience ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I often shake when I am recovering.

But on a more seriaaas note.

I like USN Recovermax, the chocolate one tastes like Lindt and I mix L_Glutamine powder with it.

I do this when I have big days to rebuild muscle fibre.

Also drink lot's of water.

+1 on USN recovery shake, had two after day1 of sani(reps were handing them out) and another 2 after day....helped so much, I was completely broken after day1....I use hammer perpetuam fuel, but everything else usn

One drinks whey protein after workout and before bed, you can mix it with a bit of peanut butter (to slow down the absorption rate, so it does the same job as casein protein).

After workout you should eat a banana and a teaspoon of honey. Taking in glutamine (supplement that helps with muscle recovery) and I believe in amino energy. Optimal Nutrition's is the best, but pretty expensive.

As for USN products.....you okes are being fooled :P.

I pity the fool who think he know it all.

http://media.lunch.com/d/d7/531717.jpg

I use FIT DuraTrain. A protein carb combination. One scoop per hour of exercise. Gives me enough energy to get into the kitchen and cook something without having to bite chunks out of my little dog. (I get hysterically hungry after a hard session)

For the days you totally overlook it and end up a bit nauseas the FIT product is easy to get down. Cant comment on othe products. Havnt used them.

Edited by HappyMartin

I pity the fool who think he know it all.

http://media.lunch.com/d/d7/531717.jpg

I pitty the fool who don't believe.

I never enjoy the recovery drinks after a really hard race, struggle to drink them. Its more the texture than the taste. I'm now just following others and drinking a choc shake. The super M after day 2 of Sani, almost tasted as good as a beer.

One drinks whey protein after workout and before bed, you can mix it with a bit of peanut butter (to slow down the absorption rate, so it does the same job as casein protein).

After workout you should eat a banana and a teaspoon of honey. Taking in glutamine (supplement that helps with muscle recovery) and I believe in amino energy. Optimal Nutrition's is the best, but pretty expensive.

Agree with glutamine but don't understand the anti-USN stance. I'm old enough to remember pre-USN when we were paying a absolute fortune for EAS and other brands. Been using USN for years and I'm very happy with the results. Just need to find what works for you. I don't use Epic Pro cause it smells like bonemeal but I quite like Epic Turbo. The USN range is vast but each to their own I guess.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. USN Products contain the optimal concentration of substances needed for optimal recovery. Do you think they just have a monkey throwing in ingredients as he sees fit?