New starting point for riding Breedt's Nek

G-Unit

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mooks, friends of mine did a 100km loop from VG and back on Sunday, that's our next group ride... You in?

I'm definitely in!!!

I hope it rains on you able-bodied people!

- bitter old patches

Safe enough to train alone? I know it's not the best idea but for me it might be the only option.

I do most of my riding on my own and I often ride at breedts never had a problem.

Breedts on a SS is very doable. Just pick the right gear ratios. Riding back down to the garage start/stop is a bit of a hassle as everybody is big blading it, and you are spinning your legs out of their sockets in your hill climbing gear ratio

That's why I dropped the gearies at the BP, and drove and parked at the top of the hill. Bonus is I had my cooler box at the top. ;)

What Jc didn't mention was that he did the hill, both sides, about 3 times yesterday on his SS! :eek:

But I did just sit on my arse drinking beer all day saturday

Safe enough to train alone? I know it's not the best idea but for me it might be the only option.

I've ridden alone on that route more than I can remember and never had any issues

I've ridden alone on that route more than I can remember and never had any issues

I'v even done the ride to the Rustenburg road T Junction and back all alone (90km ride). Survived it! It is way better to do it with Nancy though. She dishes out Jelly Beans at half way! :thumbup: Or maybe she doesn't any more? :unsure:

When are you planning on riding there? Are you going to go to the top and back or go over the nek and back. Let me know what your plans are and what avrg speed you reckon you will be doing. I was thinking of riding there on Saturday

+1

VG to breedts and back were probably the best training rides we did for sani. Really looking forward to get back there!

A hubride would be awesome!

This is good news indeed for those once in a while Breedt's rides. Great to see the farmer taking such a proactive step.

The petrol station has never really felt accommodating, reckon they missed a really good opportunity.

Archived