Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

This is my contribution. Bought it on Ebay for 700 ZARS for my 25th birthday.

It took a few weeks to get used to having on my belt by now, 8 years later, if I ever forget to "put it on" in the morning I keep thinking like I have forgotten something and it leaves one with a strangle feeling of nakedness!

Oh and that s30v blade is simply fantastic!

I don't think a day has ever gone by where I haven't used it for something.

Edit: Oh yes, and it also has titanium which always makes something better!

Don't go anuwhere without my charge!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a few that I would like to have. Only change I would make is on the Quinn, a less slippery grip.

Edited by No Hare

My kershaw also have a leatherman and a green pinstripe victorynox that. I take hiking. Use a bookmakers knive at work daily.(not a bookmaker though)

post-3345-0-04770800-1408391554_thumb.jpg

My favourite folder is a Spyderco Gayle Bradley.

I also have a few others I inherited from my dad - Puma & Victorinox etc.

(Too bad I dont have a "post pic button" in Android)

Everyday companion is a Leatherman Skeletool CX

Edited by Christie

a few that I would like to have. Only change I would make is on the Quinn, a less slippery grip.

What's the last one?

I also like it's lightness, and the simple foolproof lock. However, modern stainless steels make nicer blades. Carbon steel rusts like crazy. I took my Opinel with me on my kayak when I went to gather mussels the other day and even though I didn't use it and it remained in my life jacket's pocket, the next day it looked like an old shipwreck. Carbon steel got some good PR when Hannibal Lecter claimed he only uses carbon steel blades when he cuts up his victims and cooks their brains...or whatever it was he did with his pursuers. I bought mine in France a couple of years ago when I was stationed in a town (can't remember its name now) where I was doing a technical course with Marzocchi. The town's one claim to fame was its Opinel factory and every shop, hotel, café, canteen and magazine shop sold Opinels. There is a post here about Okapi, I didn't read the entire thread but I hope no-one confuses an Okapi with an Opinel. An Okapi is a bit of a fokapi if you ask me. Absolute rubbish but in my childhood, every boy wanted, and eventually owned, an Okapi. Our special trick was to grind down the cam on the blade so that with some skill, you could flick it open.

Yeh - the first time you see just how quick a clean Opinel blade can rust it's pretty alarming. I just leave a layer of oil on it - not fussy about the source.

What's the last one?

Fiddle Back Forge got a .com with the same name. Plain working knives. No bull.

Hey. Here's some pics of my favorite folding knife. I'm not sure what metal was used to make the handle. But just look at the craftmanship! It's amazing! Solid handle, it's all machined out.

(Please excuse the fingerprints. I had a mission positioning it in such a way that the phone's flash doesn't glare the whole pic)

Knife is made my Jeff Angelo

post-19039-0-72736700-1408645816_thumb.jpgpost-19039-0-16649600-1408645818_thumb.jpgpost-19039-0-98355500-1408645819_thumb.jpgpost-19039-0-77523400-1408645821_thumb.jpg

Hey. Here's some pics of my favorite folding knife. I'm not sure what metal was used to make the handle. But just look at the craftmanship! It's amazing! Solid handle, it's all machined out.

(Please excuse the fingerprints. I had a mission positioning it in such a way that the phone's flash doesn't glare the whole pic)

Knife is made my Jeff Angelo

post-19039-0-72736700-1408645816_thumb.jpgpost-19039-0-16649600-1408645818_thumb.jpgpost-19039-0-98355500-1408645819_thumb.jpgpost-19039-0-77523400-1408645821_thumb.jpg

That is a really nice knife.

Any info on the steel used for the blade and also what it cost?