Date: Saturday 29 September 2012

Time: 6h30 to ride at 7h00

Approximate Distance(s):

57km 640m ascent

or

68km 985m ascent

or

90km 1290m ascent

The route is 'out and back' so at any point anyone can turn around and head back if they're struggling/having sense of humour failure

Entry Fee: Tin/packet of dog/cat food to donate to FORA (I will ask Amateur if she will kindly co-ordinate this again - even if she can't make the ride)

Facilities: Showers & Toilet facilities & pool (please rinse all your Breedts dust off before swimming)

Coffee & Muffins will be served before the ride.

Boerie Rolls & colddrinks will be on sale after the ride.

Directions:

From Joburg South take the N1 North and exit at the 14th Avenue offramp, turn left at the offramp and at the 2nd set of traffic lights turn right onto Hendrik Potgieter.

From Joburg North take the N1 South and exit at the 14th Avenue offramp, turn right at the offramp and at the 3rd set of traffic lights turn right onto Hendrik Potgieter.

From Pretoria take the R28/N14 towards Krugersdorp. At the traffic lights just before Krugersdorp hill, turn right onto the N14 towards Ventersdorp

Now we should all be on the same road:

Continue on this road until T-Junction @ R563; turn right towards Hekpoort.

• Keep right at the Ventersdorp split and continue for +-20kms.
  • Next T-Junction turn right towards Hartebeespoort (R560/R563) (27d 36' 39" E, 25d 53'13"S) (This is where you would normally turn left to go to the petrol station). Keep on this road for +-2kms until you see a Hartebeesfontein sign turn left onto the dirt road (27d 37' 17" E, 25d 52' 51"S)
  • Carry on for a further +-100m turn right into the first road - the sign says Bultfontein (27d 37' 13" E, 25d 52' 40" S) and carry on for a further +-500/600m.
  • The entrance is on the RHS (look out for the blue HP6 sign) (27d 37' 26" E, 25d 52' 13").
  • There will be someone to show you where to park when you arrive

There are ablution facilities (toilets and hot showers 3 ladies/3 mens) available

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for logistical purposes, please let me know which distance you would be interested in if you're attending. Also let's start a name list so that I know how many kettles I need to boil on the morning wink.png

So far:

57kms

Nancy Drew

mons100

Zoe

Little Straw

Christine

Jenny

Dian

Etienne

Charl B

Charl

Jakes (might upgrade)

68kms

IanJ (on SS)

Sean N

Sean N's other half

Smolster (Maybe 90kms)

John (Maybe 90kms)

Ken (Maybe 90kms)

Hilton

Katy

Catatonic_Joe

90kms

jcza

FLX1

Andre77

jaapter

Ross Winckworth

Paulst12

Ikonic

Stefanh

Chopper

Clayton

Sydney Gregan

Pending Pink Slip

NotSoBigBen (surely this must be approved by now?!!!)

Edited by Nancy Drew

I'm going to be at mountain sanctuary park that weekend, so I'll be coming over from the other side. Maybe see you at the top.