MTB lightweight components vs reliability..list yours

wapad

mine are Formula R1 brakes .. great brakes and superlight and potent stoppers

my others are my Arch EX wheels with my Spes S- works Fast traks that combination is lighter and more bullet proof than ZTR crest and a run of the mill UST or similar tyre, I reckon a XO cassette would be a nice addition but hear they are quite fragile - weighed my current wheelset 29er sub 3.4 kg without skewers and a 36 XT cassette

those are my 2 light reliable components

what are yours .. lets build the lightest reliable bike cyberstyle

the exchange of info will be great, I might be able to save a few more grams and still get reliability

Easton EC70 flat & wide bars - its about the only part on my bike that I picked for its weight.

I weigh 100kg, so the rest are for reliability

edit:

Oh yes! ESI chunky grips (Thanks Azonic)

Edited by splat

Foam grips. Cheap and saves you about 100g off regular grips - and still very comfy. Light weight QR's also a good upgrade.

Me - I weigh 66kg

At least you never have to worry about weight restrictions on wheels ;)

About the only light weight part on my mtb is my Ritchey WCS 260 stem.

R1's are the bomb, super light, awesome performance, bullet proof.... own 2x sets personally, have supplied many sets to mates, no issues.

Easton Haven Carbon Bars, engineering marvel, no contest or equal. own 3 of them

Look Quartz MTB Pedals, simply awesome.

Weight?

Your wallet will be light as a feather after buying those!

Edit - seriously tho, at half that price get the very light über reliable Mavic Crossmax SLR's. Definitely on my to-do list.

Edited by G-Unit

I have 135g Easton MonkeyLite SL bars on my Intense. Some would say an insane choice for all-round (AM/light DH and less XC) riding, but I figure my really light weight and finesse has kept me safe so far...

Weight?

Not sure of weight, but they really do feel stiff and make such a nice sound :whistling: ....

According to the website 1556g - sure it is actually more!