Bad news: Phil has signed a new contract

petatodd

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D - I wonder why he signed the contracts in the first place if he has things he wants to do, which I assume, are outside of broadcasting cycling.

I found Mathew Keenan such a breath of fresh air during the Vuelta I couldn't wait to hear what he had to say, I also think Phil needs to retire, his monologue is stale and boring, he had his day, but its over, time to move on and let the youngsters through.

Personally I think Sherwin is worse!

Hells yes.

But I stream coverage now, so I get real commentary. Ok, I might have to translate some on the fly depending on my choice, but that's still better. And hey, I went and learnt three languages just for this.

Edited by TNT1

Come now, Andrew.

Did we get married sometime in the last few threads...?? :ph34r:

Sherwinism's....

He's digging into the suitcase of courage.. :blink:

He's digging into the suitcase of courage.. :blink:

Did he turn himself inside out yet?

Or did the yellow jersey give him the strength of two men whilst he was busy opening and turning?

Did he turn himself inside out yet?

Or did the yellow jersey give him the strength of two men whilst he was busy opening and turning?

<insert name> is going backwards up the mountain here

He's been dropped dropped like a bad habit. He;ll have dig into the suitcase of courage to find a new pair of legs

is going backwards up the mountain here

He's been dropped dropped like a bad habit. He;ll have dig into the suitcase of courage to find a new pair of legs

In the professional sport of cycling...

Phil is a legend! I'll be happy to listen to him untill he decides to retire.

I think he was entertaining in his day but it a bit of a old shoe now. When listening to the french and german commentators overseas, they sound like they commentating on moto gp. even the guys from giro are so super excited when they comentate. phil and Paul just sound tired and bored

You never liked him. You prefer the guy that recites the Giro.

:D - Paddy Agnew? ...but tis true :blush: I do like him, although I have moved my allegiance to Mathew Keenan now :thumbup: , still read Paddy occasionally when he writes about the giro, but he mostly do's soccer now it seems, wicked sense of humor he had.

Strange innit,......... I somehow dont mind Paul, but I think its time they both let the youngsters in now, like Capcha says when one listens to the Giro the commentators are so passionate and excited you cant help but feel the same, even if its in a foreign language, I sort of understand exactly what they say just through the emotion.

I said about two years ago on this forum that it was time for Phil to retire and got flamed for it. He was already then the Murray Walker of cycling making some really bad mistakes pretty much just like in the Tour of Beijing this year. They retire people in the normal world at 65 for a reason.

Phil and Paul are not holding a gun to their heads to employ them so i can only assume that they see some value in retaining them.

Phil Ligget is a legend and he needs a little more respect. Say what you want, he is highly respected in the cycling world and takes every opportunity to support South Africa and to "punt" South African teams and riders in the events he commentates on.

We are lucky to have him here. His commentary indirectly does more to promote our cyclists than anyone else.