Comparison SLX M666 Brakes against SLX M675

awesme

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which

• SLX M675
    • SLX M666

Hi there

Please vote, is the extra money worth the additional cost.

Will be matched to IceTech rotors, 160mm

G

Edited by awesme

Depends on your riding, the M675 is a more heavy duty brake set while the 666 is more for XC.

Thanks, also considering a new set for my SS.

I've just put on the M675 brakes on my Pinn'r and they are awesome! So powerful that when i pull the brakes hard they stop the earth spinning!!

• 4 weeks later...

SLX brake sets are selling for R2300 without rotors... that is for the 675's. I really want them but that just seems a little steep for my pocket.

I just got the M596 Deores and they rock! SLX will not add much IMO, just tool-free reach adjust....

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=67246

Which is a frankly awesome feature. I use them frequently on my set of XTs. G, have you spoken to the V? He usually has these kind of things at a low price.

Which is a frankly awesome feature. I use them frequently on my set of XTs. G, have you spoken to the V? He usually has these kind of things at a low price.

You change the reach on your brakes frequently?

On the Deores you do so with an allen key,so it's still easy if you want to adjust them....

You change the reach on your brakes frequently?

On the Deores you do so with an allen key,so it's still easy if you want to adjust them....

True, I guess it more of a gimmicky feature. I tend to adjust my brakes a lot, as I'm still not decided how I like it, or when someone else rides my bike (to help prevent crashing it)

Nick, total cost incl VAT etc?

Wanna get either this or SLX, my juicy 3's not high on my confidence list

Take the price plus shipping plus about 16% VAT and handling if buying from CRC.

I paid R2100 at my LBS for front and rear, white hoses (extra cost), adapters and 2x 180mm rotors all bled, hoses trimmed and installed. I could do it myself but finding the time is difficult.

I cant emphasise enough how much I love these brakes. thumbup1.gif

Edited by divernick

M675 are the replacement model for M666.

Try evobikes.co.za janos@evobikes.co.za for competitive pricing. I bought a set for the PYGA and have since got rid of the Formulas on the Cotic & replaced them with SLX. Both M675.

Take the price plus shipping plus about 16% VAT and handling if buying from CRC.

I paid R2100 at my LBS for front and rear, white hoses (extra cost), adapters and 2x 180mm rotors all bled, hoses trimmed and installed. I could do it myself but finding the time is difficult.

I cant emphasise enough how much I love these brakes. thumbup1.gif

Thats expensive, I paid R1600 and bled.

What rotors are you using?

Edited by wheelerdealer

Thats expensive, I paid R1600 and bled.

What rotors are you using?

I did pay extra for the service of installing and bleeding, I think R160 per side if I remember correctly. And paid for the white hoses.

Using the RT56 rotors.