Home Workshop / Bench

ELF

Compressor has been added to my list for the workshop.

what I really "NEED" is a metal lathe and milling machine

I have an EMCO Unimat 3 lathe with a milling attachment. I made a dropout for one of our Tandems in 2002 that we are still using.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an EMCO Unimat 3 lathe with a milling attachment. I made a dropout for one of our Tandems in 2002 that we are still using.

My grandfather is 91. He has an emco star woodwoork machine, circular saw, band saw, sander, thicknesser, lathe and more. He has had that machine forever and it still works like a dream!

In short. The part that grips the bike is a pvc t piece that has been split and hinged. A clasp locks it. Inside is lined with that foam with the sticky backing .

The adjustment is just two metal discs that are welded to the pipes. They are clamped by turning the handle that is attached to a piece of threaded bar. So you just tighten the handle at the desired angle. The tool bakkie is a crazy shop goodie .post-16512-0-35206600-1350964167_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-16784000-1350964190_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-91646800-1350964214_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-88285400-1350964240_thumb.jpg

You laugh about the angle grinder but when i was building my SS bike i forgot one important thing. The smaller/thinner chainring bolts. Only noticed it halfway through the build and it was past 5pm so out came the angle grinder and I ground down 4 std bolts. Worked perfectly no one would notice the difference. All it took was a beer or 2 and I hatched the plan thumbup1.gif

In short. The part that grips the bike is a pvc t piece that has been split and hinged. A clasp locks it. Inside is lined with that foam with the sticky backing .

The adjustment is just two metal discs that are welded to the pipes. They are clamped by turning the handle that is attached to a piece of threaded bar. So you just tighten the handle at the desired angle. The tool bakkie is a crazy shop goodie

Thanks, much appreciated thumbup1.gifclap.gif .

I'm getting real tired of breaking my back bending down or even squatting to clean/fix/service my bike and don't feel like spending R1k plus on service stand.

Some comments have been hidden. Stick to the topic.

Start your own threads on the pros and cons of power washers and leave them out of this thread.

Thanks, much appreciated thumbup1.gifclap.gif .

I'm getting real tired of breaking my back bending down or even squatting to clean/fix/service my bike and don't feel like spending R1k plus on service stand.

Have you tried the good old fashioned "hang the bike off a rope from a rafter trick" when working on it or setting the gears?

Some comments have been hidden. Stick to the topic.

Start your own threads on the pros and cons of power washers and leave them out of this thread.

Don't take the fun away so soon mellow.png

Have you tried the good old fashioned "hang the bike off a rope from a rafter trick" when working on it or setting the gears?

Don't have rafters in my garage....well I do,but they are covered up by ceiling,so I just went the Park Tool route :-)