Cyclist knocked down in St James this morning

babse

I see PPA are gathering along that stretch on Wednesday morning for a silent protest... Anybody know what time?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does someone not invite Helen Zille to ride along on that stretch of road in the am - she has a bike - see if she is brave enough to try during commute times.

My condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.

I see PPA are gathering along that stretch on Wednesday morning for a silent protest... Anybody know what time?

Wow.

Awesome.

thumbup1.gif

Dunno the details.

Important thing is to make sure the public and GA is not aware which day this is, to make it real world,

G

Why does someone not invite Helen Zille to ride along on that stretch of road in the am - she has a bike - see if she is brave enough to try during commute times.

Wish I could join. I love that stretch of road, but know that some people drive way to fast on the narrow roads of the peninsula, not to mention buses.

Zilla perhaps?

Another cyclist down at Salt River Circle (happened around 9'ish).

A mate drove past there, was being stabilised by SR Fire Brigade black, male, blue entry level mtb, silver horn bar ends, had cycling kit on.

Another cyclist down at Salt River Circle (happened around 9'ish).

A mate drove past there, was being stabilised by SR Fire Brigade black, male, blue entry level mtb, silver horn bar ends, had cycling kit on.

Phew!

blink.png

Guest Frail4Life

http://1.1.1.2/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif glad this tragedy is not falling on deaf ears and CT and rest of SA is taking note. His death has been noticed. Does anyone know who he was as they have not mentioned a name so just wondering if he was a tourist here alone?

I am only allowed to say, he commuted from Fish Hoek to Work, he is from the EC. David

Hi everyone, please diarise next Wednesday, 31 October. Come and join us in St James/Muizenberg near the site where the bus accident happened, in a silent static protest on the pavement. If you have a '1.5m' safe cycling jersey please wear it; we'll bring black armbands/ribbon. We'll bring our '1.5m' safe cycling flags and put that up as well. At this stage we are looking at doing the protest between 06h45 and 07h15. More details to follow soonest - spread the word in the meantime!

If Metrorail allow cyclists to jump on the train to avoid this section of road, at no charge of course, do you think it would help? Of course recreational cyclists might not go for this but daily commuters may be more keen. Would have to time your commute with the trains though.

Edited by Goobacks

Hi everyone, please diarise next Wednesday, 31 October. Come and join us in St James/Muizenberg near the site where the bus accident happened, in a silent static protest on the pavement. If you have a '1.5m' safe cycling jersey please wear it; we'll bring black armbands/ribbon. We'll bring our '1.5m' safe cycling flags and put that up as well. At this stage we are looking at doing the protest between 06h45 and 07h15. More details to follow soonest - spread the word in the meantime!

Will see you there.

A legal question - can all the evidence of GA buses ignoring the rules on this thread not be used in a criminal case to show that there is a general lack of following the road laws/rules in GA notwithstanding their "training programs"? It's definitely not isolated incidents.

Who is going to lay the charge?

The traffic police say its not their job to police the road.

SAPS says it not their job to police the road

Metro Police says its not their job to police the road

Maybe we should all eat beetroot and garlic to cure our raod rage and find peace and tranquility in the soft bossom of broccholi