Young Cyclist in the Finals for award

bobbie

To all thehubsa fans,

A young KZN, Hillcrest, cyclist 'Lauren Varty' has been nominated as a young upcoming female athelete of the year for the SPAR gSports awards. I would like to ask you all to vote for Lauren: Here is the link http://gsport.co.za/2012-spargsport-awards-voting-hall

If you want to know why you should vote for Lauren here are a few reasons...

1. Lauren is a committed and dedicated cyclist.

2. Lauren has to fit in her cycling training in 'her own time' as it is not exactly an organised 'school sport'.

3. Lauren trains hard and when she races she is consistently in the top three placings for her age category.

4. Lauren has an amazing positive attitude to riding and racing and never gives up.

BUT most importantly

5. Lauren rides to raise awareness and funds for the CHOC foundation (http://www.choc.org.za/ - for those who don't know CHOC they work with families and kids fighting Cancer) She has done, Amashove, Cape Argus and 94.7 as a 'CHOC cow'. She has also in her own time completed a 100 miles of nowhere, which is a crazy event where you ride your bike nowhere and cover 100 miles (160km) it is usually done on a short circuit (e.g. a 2km circuit) or even on an indoor trainer, Lauren is phenomenal and when ever she felt like bailing she just said... 'a kid with cancer doesn't get to stop they have to keep going and fighting so I can keep going'

So alll you need to do to help Lauren continue to raise awareness and funds is click and vote. Every vote brings her closer to winning and helps her put the CHOC foundation onto another platform for awareness and get cycling on the podium at the awards. Vote for Lauren Varty at http://gsport.co.za/2012-spargsport-awards-voting-hall

and feel free to vote for any of the other ladies in any of the other categories.

Thanks for listening / reading... NOW GO VOTE! =D THANKS

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you all!! It's a tight race but that's exciting.

Lets make sure she gets the final sprint win and vote please!! We need to widen the gap, no more slip streaming allowed..

clap.gif thank you all xx

Wow!! Thank you for the voting campaign! you guys are all amazing!!!! When lauren is back from camp i will get her on here to thank you. ! She is blissfully unaware of all the action as shes gone on a 21 day camp. no phones . no connection to outside world!

Thank you all again for your votes!!

I see Lauren has fallen behind by a 1000 votes now.

Not cool. thumbdown.gif Yesterday someone constantly voted for the other girl.

So the winner is determined by whoever has nothing better to do.

I added a couple of votes. Guys if you can, add a few more.