not your everyday weight loss problem HELP

DIPSLICK

But as someone mentioned before, starving yourself puts your body into storage mode thus not allowing you to loose weight as it now thinks that there is a shortage of food in it's future. Anyway, that's why people came in and said eat little but often to keep your metabolism going which plays a large role in weight loss.

That makes complete sense - and it's kind of logical, if you think about how amazing our bodies are... Ties in with what was said about the insulin release - the research suggests (but then again - doesn't it only always suggest :) ) that our bodies would release insulin to convert to fat when it perceived what was being eaten as a [for lack of a better word] luxury... in other words - something outside what the body would consider normal, or necessary, for your particular genetic disposition.. In short - many/some of us are not geared up for carbs - eat too much of it, insulin is released (to convert to fat for the coming "hard" winter etc)...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

reflux stopped after i lost the 30kgs was lost

memory loss def. yes irritable hell yes i was diagnosed with sleep apnoea so i know why on that one i am a positive(i know no sleep = no weigh loss but i am working on that got the machine done the terrible apnoea test

sinus !! dont we all (being cyclists)//

and weight loss none of that happening

All the above are symptoms I stated are a sign that candida might be living within that belly.

Quite a detailed reply to a blunt statement. Thanks.

There are so many things at work that can be considered and obviously a better/healthier way of doing things than just limiting intake. Unfortunately no matter how complicated it can be it can also be simple.

Many times 'hunger' is like turning off the lights and just seeing black. Its your reference that need to change and some conditioning.

I didn't aim my response directly at you - simply tried to make the point of how interesting it is that two Hubbers quoting the same website, can have differing views on what a possible message/interpretation is. Which adds to what many are saying - how none of this is really "simple".

All the above are symptoms I stated are a sign that candida might be living within that belly.

def going to be doing my reading up on that tonight, but i need to go and work my staff are sending me emails asking me am i at work today(i am) since they cant speak to me or have not seen me cause i am sitting in front of my pc all day!!!!!

staff ........... what you going to do!!!!!! great response to every one thanks

But as someone mentioned before, starving yourself puts your body into storage mode thus not allowing you to loose weight as it now thinks that there is a shortage of food in it's future. Anyway, that's why people came in and said eat little but often to keep your metabolism going which plays a large role in weight loss.

Last time I looked at images of concentration camps I didn't see any one who's body went into 'storage mode' and didn't loose weight.

I know, stupid and extreme example, but as far as I am concerned all the diets and advice is effective or controlled ways of losing weight. Cut the crap and eat less and do more the softer measures is to do it smarter.

I didn't aim my response directly at you - simply tried to make the point of how interesting it is that two Hubbers quoting the same website, can have differing views on what a possible message/interpretation is. Which adds to what many are saying - how none of this is really "simple".

I think it is "simple"... hard and harder for some, but simple

Last time I looked at images of concentration camps I didn't see any one who's body went into 'storage mode' and didn't loose weight.

I know, stupid and extreme example, but as far as I am concerned all the diets and advice is effective or controlled ways of losing weight. Cut the crap and eat less and do more the softer measures is to do it smarter.

I hear you, but I'm just stating my opinion on the matter. I'm not trying to lose weight at 59kg's but rather maintain it.

I hear you, but I'm just stating my opinion on the matter. I'm not trying to lose weight at 59kg's but rather maintain it.

Sure as hell you are entitled to your opinion and mine is also an opinion.

The point I am trying to make is that when you are 20kg's over weight and you want to loose weight then it is simple. You can not train 8 hours a week, limit your intake and not loose weight. It is impossible, not maybe impossible, it is impossible.

Even at 59kg you can loose weight by limiting intake, but you'll probably end up in a hospital bed. This is where the part of being smarter comes in.

The difference is that when you are over weight there is a lot less chemistry involve and a lot more perseverance.

Hi Dipslick - I can recommend reading the blog from post #155

Also get a copy of Gary Taubes book - 'Why we get fat...'

I can't comment on your situation but I have lost 19kg so far following these principles as well as a buddy who has lost 28kg since march.

PS all the medical figures (blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose etc) are all vastly improved.

Do you do any other exercise besides cycling?

I've been told that weight training is more benefical for losing weight than thingsl ike running and cycling.

Maybe try adding some light weight training in and see if that helps.

Well done for being strict on your diet! Its something I'm hopeless at.