2013 94.7 - Here's 5 things I wouldn't mind seeing next year

Andymann

Anyone caught with an iPod or other mp3 player should be DQ'd. They are a freaking danger to everyone around them.

It's in the CSA rules anyways. You can should get fined too.

No jokes...had a guy on my wheel in tri position on the section by the chicken farm. funny as hell

Yeah, there's a lot of people with really dodgy stuff out there.

In the Bakwena some guys pitched with tri bars (would work well on that route, but still) and 4-spoke carbon wheels - those are specifically banned since if they break, they shatter and are dangerous to other people.

One guy even had one of those early triathlon bikes like Chris Boardman rode to the WR.

Edited by Bianchi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed but then you should be allowed to enter SAS number on entry and not have to pay for re-seeding.

MTB seeding is A , these clowns seeded me in NN eek.gif

i can understand that..but acknowledge i have some fitness and dont stick me in PP

It's really not that hard to get a decent seeding, just do one of the seeding races on the list and there you go ph34r.png (Next year your seeding will be better anyway)

We may not like the system but thats how its always been and its not gonna change anytime soon

Agreed but then you should be allowed to enter SAS number on entry and not have to pay for re-seeding.

Exactly. I know of a case where someone in G applied for a re-seeding to the elite ladies, and was told that you had to have an index of at least 20% to be amongst the elite (that elusive list I was talking about!). They then said "Aha, but your seeding is good enough for E". Which begs the question, why was she not in E then from the start, and, if it was an error, why the extra R150? I wonder how much money is made from the re-seeding.....

It's really not that hard to get a decent seeding, just do one of the seeding races on the list and there you go ph34r.png (Next year your seeding will be better anyway)

We may not like the system but thats how its always been and its not gonna change anytime soon

+100000

Just make the critera known for each batch - A: 0% - 15% B: 16% - 19% C: etc etc etc.....so that when you do your seeding race, you at least have an idea where you will end.

It's in the CSA rules anyways. You can should get fined too.

a bit difficult to police. For instance I ride with one head phone in, but all its giving me is the readings from my cyclemeter app at set intervals. Cyclemeter also tells me at certain intervals how I'm doing vs my previous times.

And then you get those conductive or whatever they are called headphones that dont go in the ears. I tested them at the show and you can hear everything around your and still hear the music pumping.

There seems to be some anomaly in the system though.

My cycling partner and I have riden every race together. We start in the same group and finish together. But he is consistently seeded one group ahead of me which means he has to drop back a group at the start so that we can start together.

No jokes...had a guy on my wheel in tri position on the section by the chicken farm. funny as hell

That's just embarrassing for him.

94.7 road race entry - R300

Powerade juice (cause you not taking it seriously) - R 9

Niner SS MTB gear ratio 32:18 with knobblies - R 15 000

Watching some guy on a R 80 000 carbon time trial bike sucking your back wheel - PRICELESS

Certainly the seeding needs to be looked at, i glanced through some results of riders in batches ahead of mine who posted slower times and my qualifying times are much better. This is not unique to 94.7 though all seeding races are the same

Recognition of riders who are 1st in their batch while nice to have could lead to all sorts of issues, even making those that drop back ineligible, whats to stop them from assisting someone else who is.

MTB seeding is A , these clowns seeded me in NN eek.gif

Do more road races then. the two disciplines are not the same....

Edited by Li Mu Bai

Also on the seeding, I was under the impression that doing 10 plus of the same race should give you preferential seeding. Or am I wrong?

1 more salty stuff at water points. Like the potatoes on the N14. Would help a lot of people with cramps.

2 better participation from the pubs on the route. Colony, hooters, corner house. Woulda killed for a couple more beers.

3 that chick with the violin on the lion park climb from 2011

4 more of my friends out on course ( can you bastards slow down rouxtjie, swift01, eldron, iron, edgar Roghoff and I guess the other 18 odd thousand that beat me. Haha.)

5 more people having fun and not being so serious.

That's just embarrassing for him.

94.7 road race entry - R300

Powerade juice (cause you not taking it seriously) - R 9

Niner SS MTB gear ratio 32:18 with knobblies - R 15 000

Watching some guy on a R 80 000 carbon time trial bike sucking your back wheel - PRICELESS

Brother you summed it up...

1 more salty stuff at water points. Like the potatoes on the N14. Would help a lot of people with cramps.

2 better participation from the pubs on the route. Colony, hooters, corner house. Woulda killed for a couple more beers.

3 that chick with the violin on the lion park climb from 2011

4 more of my friends out on course ( can you bastards slow down rouxtjie, swift01, eldron, iron, edgar Roghoff and I guess the other 18 odd thousand that beat me. Haha.)

5 more people having fun and not being so serious.

YES