Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Great job to everyone for the stellar times!

I had a good ride overall. I was on target for getting my original goal time, and then picked up a thorn on steriods at Wellington! cursing.gif And then i lost some time when my first bomb went off early and my 2nd bomb didn't want to work properly. Fortunately a guy in E on a mtb stopped to help me! Thank you, you are awesome! clap.gif thumbup1.gif Ended up with a 3:31. Lots of fun working for that time!

I saw Many Lemons and the cousins. And then a couple of hubbers in the beer tent!

Pity about the puncture you were looking strong... thnks for keeping me some company I was feeling finished at that point

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy your wife some champagne!clap.gif

Indeed - any excuse for some champers. "In victory you deserve it and in defeat you need it."

Slightly off topic, but who else saw all those red Ferrari's and black Maserati's? Must have been at least 15 vehicles. Shudder to think of the value on the road right there. Made me wonder how much value was on two wheels today?

Got a pic of a guy in green and black kit with blood running down his face. Must have been a sore one.

The results are out and I was timed 7 minutes longer than my watch. Due to me deciding to rather ride in % than in $.

Guy from our training group did the same but he was timed correctly. Happened to anyone before? How do you proof that you dropped a couple of groups?

02h35 is not bad but will be happier with 02h28 after a wedding and 4 hours sleep the night before.

Got a pic of a guy in green and black kit with blood running down his face. Must have been a sore one.

Ow!

:-/

Also rode in the % bunch. At 60km my team mate put the hammer down and guttered everyone. The bunch split and I just managed to ride across. Crossed the finish line in 2hr18min I think. With the front of % .

VC METALS!!

Ja thanks for the slipstream back ! ;-)

What was the time of the 2nd A group? I didn't even know of the 2nd crash at the 10km mark.

2:30ish.

How did you guys times compare to last year?

2:57 - my first sub 3.

Last year I was 3:48. Chuffed as nuts with the improvement.

Looking forward to the 99er now!

This was my best ride thus far, was expecting to do a 3:15, ended up doing a 2:54, here's the sad part, my Timing Chip's not working which mean, Racetec do not have my time.... :-(

Edited by Buzzman

2,25 for me too.

Nice one gents Geno was with you guys.....Puncheur?

Edited by Meezo

We had some great pace lines set up in our group then 2-3 guys decide they don't want to spend their 5 seconds on front and just stop causing some havoc. If people want to wheel suck why not just sit in group behind pace line. I don't mind if you wheel suck, just don't ruin the pace line. :/