The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

On the vroom voom thread, a link was posted in which the team said they would play open cards with WADA.

So here is the thing I don't get, why are the in house stats such a top secret ? Why can the power stats, etc. be made public? If you want to play the transparency card, then play it to open the game not to keep things secret and still have public domain suspicion.

Because its their data - they use it to plan, assess etc, and its obviously very successful so why should they share it with their competitors?

Sky rely on good science for their results, not bad science (as is the legacy).

I really feel for Chris right now, the perpetual and petulant pounding of doping questions during the many press meetings he has to attend, must be getting to him.

Edited by kosmonooit

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to Chris Froome, he is no Armstrong - and thank God for that.

He is not the peleton's boss, he does not inspire fear off the bike, he does not control a vast empire, he does not and cannot enforce the omerta, he does not kill breaks that might hurt his team with a word, he does not preside over the UCI as his personal fiefdom.

Greater transparency will help his cause, but the questions will not go away.

I believe the guy is just that good at this moment.

Well yeah, and Brailsford knows this.

Frankly we have heard it all before, LA made a big song and dance about how he was going to make all his info public when he returned to the sport, of course he never did, and most likely others have done likewise, so there is a healthy level of skepticism among many.

I think a guy on another forum summed it up well when he said "Until Sunday, he thought bicycles were also subject to the laws of gravity" - so yeah, there is doubt and it wont go away anytime soon.

I think thats unfair. I read the full transcript of the interview. Brailsford was imploring the media to tell him what they needed to do to prove Froome and the team's innocence and this was what he suggested.

His suggestion, if WADA could accommodate, is the only real solution. This would be an enhancement of the biological passport in that we would be additng power, wieght, teaning and other data to blood profiles. To suggest this data should be made public is naive - no teams do this - including Garmin.

On the vroom voom thread, a link was posted in which the team said they would play open cards with WADA.

So here is the thing I don't get, why are the in house stats such a top secret ? Why can the power stats, etc. be made public? If you want to play the transparency card, then play it to open the game not to keep things secret and still have public domain suspicion.

2 Reasons :

1. the numbers are verging on ridiculous and will make their situation worse

2. they will initiate a new arms race as other teams throw everything and the kitchen sink at reaching those numbers

The boys celebrate a yellow Friday at his alma mater (St Johns)

post-23367-0-45720200-1374234286_thumb.jpg

Edited by dracs

Well done Froome. I take back all I said about Richie Porte not being as good as Knees. Man, what a tour that boytjie had. He was For Froome what Froome was for Wiggens.

Well done Froome. I take back all I said about Richie Porte not being as good as Knees. Man, what a tour that boytjie had. He was For Froome what Froome was for Wiggens.

Not necessarily a good thing at first glance, but they seem to be great mates. Let's hope it stays that way.

Froome had a good team behind him, but, to me, it seems he also handled himself well with less reliance on the team.

Not necessarily a good thing at first glance, but they seem to be great mates. Let's hope it stays that way.

Froome had a good team behind him, but, to me, it seems he also handled himself well with less reliance on the team.

He did, you are right. A couple of times when he was teamless he really showed himself to be a true champion... Something I kinda doubt Wiggens could have done without Froom last year... But bi-gones.

Porte will get his grand tour pay-back in a year or two.

In the meantime, he will win Romandie, Paris/Nice and the smaller stage races, while Froome goes for the big one(s).

The roles will reverse eventually - Porte is capable of being a winner.

I think he will tilt at the Giro next year, while Froome will target the tour again.

The reverse may come to pass as Froome gets a wee bit older, or if Porte gets snagged by a rival team like BMC.