The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

Chris Froome will LEAD a strong men’s road race team for Great Britain at the UCI Road World Championships which take place from September 22-29 in Toscana, Italy.

Froome, winner of the Tour de France in July, will line up in the men’s road race alongside Bradley Wiggins and 2010 road race champion Mark Cavendish. Team Sky provide further strength in depth for the team with Josh Edmondson, Ian Stannard, Geraint Thomas and Jon Tiernan-Locke also selected. BMC’s Steve Cummings rounds out the 8-man team.

Cyclingnews

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed the insert on his Kenya trip on Supercycling last night. Froomedog not not mince his words in slamming the Kenyan cycling federation and its president of 30 or so (I think) years.

Enjoyed the insert on his Kenya trip on Supercycling last night. Froomedog not not mince his words in slamming the Kenyan cycling federation and its president of 30 or so (I think) years.

Saw that fury in his interview.

Hopefully, he doesn't alienate the Kenyan cycling federation as all his vision can either be supported or trampled.

Wiggins delayed in paying Froome's share of Tour win bonus, says Cound

Chris Froome and Bradley Wiggins will again race on the same Sky team in 2014 but further details of the pair's difficult relationship have emerged following the recent publication of a book on the team’s season by journalist David Walsh.

Inside Team Sky tells of how it took Wiggins over a year to pay Froome his share of the win bonus that was due to all of his teammates following his victory at the 2012 Tour de France.

The money was eventually paid out in September of this year, shortly before the world championships in Florence, but Froome's fiancée and business manager, Michelle Cound, has claimed that Wiggins only did so because he knew the matter would be discussed in Walsh's book.

"I don't believe Brad ever intended to pay Chris the bonus. I think the reason he did is because he knew it was coming out in the book," Cound told The Times. "Brad paying Chris really doesn't mean that much. It’s about a lot more than the sum of money."

Froome had already received his share of the team's prize money for the 2012 Tour received from organisers ASO, which was divided among the riders on the Tour-winning squad, but he appears to have been the last rider to receive a share of the estimated £1 million bonus that Wiggins received as part of his contract with the squad.

"People don't necessarily tell each other what bonus they have got. So we didn't know for sure what the situation was," Cound said. "We didn't know what the other riders got. But Brad paid Chris nothing [before September – ed.]"

Cound also confirmed that there had been no been no clear-the-air talks between Froome and Wiggins when they rode together at the world championships, their first time in the same race since the Tour of Oman in February. "Chris was supposed to sit down with Brad before the Worlds and it just never happened," she said.

For his part, Sky manager Dave Brailsford has declared himself satisfied that the bonus payments issue between Froome and Wiggins has been cleared up. "That was a matter for Bradley and Chris and it is now sorted," he said.

Wiggins and Froome are both expected to attend a team training camp in Majorca next week as they continue their preparations for the 2014 campaign.

Wiggins delayed in paying Froome's share of Tour win bonus, says Cound

Chris Froome and Bradley Wiggins will again race on the same Sky team in 2014 but further details of the pair's difficult relationship have emerged following the recent publication of a book on the team’s season by journalist David Walsh.

Inside Team Sky tells of how it took Wiggins over a year to pay Froome his share of the win bonus that was due to all of his teammates following his victory at the 2012 Tour de France.

The money was eventually paid out in September of this year, shortly before the world championships in Florence, but Froome's fiancée and business manager, Michelle Cound, has claimed that Wiggins only did so because he knew the matter would be discussed in Walsh's book.

"I don't believe Brad ever intended to pay Chris the bonus. I think the reason he did is because he knew it was coming out in the book," Cound told The Times. "Brad paying Chris really doesn't mean that much. It’s about a lot more than the sum of money."

Froome had already received his share of the team's prize money for the 2012 Tour received from organisers ASO, which was divided among the riders on the Tour-winning squad, but he appears to have been the last rider to receive a share of the estimated £1 million bonus that Wiggins received as part of his contract with the squad.

"People don't necessarily tell each other what bonus they have got. So we didn't know for sure what the situation was," Cound said. "We didn't know what the other riders got. But Brad paid Chris nothing [before September – ed.]"

Cound also confirmed that there had been no been no clear-the-air talks between Froome and Wiggins when they rode together at the world championships, their first time in the same race since the Tour of Oman in February. "Chris was supposed to sit down with Brad before the Worlds and it just never happened," she said.

For his part, Sky manager Dave Brailsford has declared himself satisfied that the bonus payments issue between Froome and Wiggins has been cleared up. "That was a matter for Bradley and Chris and it is now sorted," he said.

Wiggins and Froome are both expected to attend a team training camp in Majorca next week as they continue their preparations for the 2014 campaign.

Yoh, some hectic comments under that story! :eek:

Lets hope the bad vibes blow away and they can settle down and get on with the job @ Team Sky. Not nice to have so much dirty laundry aired in public, but what with everyone publishing books, the time to cash on on the skinner and skandaal seem to be now.

But lets face it, Sky Corp is hardly the moral bastion of restraint, reservation, and responsibility (to put it mildly).

• 2 weeks later...

"The fact is Brad and I have just been on a training camp together in Mallorca and we've had a talk about things...

It was very constructive and we are in a good place now. It was important we did that and it was important for the team, too. To be honest we should have done it a very long time ago, just to clear the air, but we are on good terms now."

Froome Dawg

"The fact is Brad and I have just been on a training camp together in Mallorca and we've had a talk about things...

It was very constructive and we are in a good place now. It was important we did that and it was important for the team, too. To be honest we should have done it a very long time ago, just to clear the air, but we are on good terms now."

Froome Dawg

Sounds like handbags at 20 paces to me dale, how good of him.

"At last I am free of the debilitating disease bilharzia...I had a test when I went back to Kenya recently and it is the first time it has come back negative since the diagnosis (in 2009). That is fantastic news for me. I'm not going to have to worry about that any more. That should be it gone now..."

Froome Dawg

Wonder why he has to have the test done in Kenya? Surely the medical facilities are better and more advanced in either the UK or Monaco?

Sounds like handbags at 20 paces to me

No, that was Michelle and Peta and co via twitter during 2012 TdF.