The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

And you reckon it's impressive to deliver 4.7 w/kg for 6 hours 38 minutes without at least raising an eyebrow and thinking whether its even physiologically possible to do that without help?

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you reckon it's impressive to deliver 4.7 w/kg for 6 hours 38 minutes without at least raising an eyebrow and thinking whether its even physiologically possible to do that without help?

Well......without sounding gullible or stupid..........

NP excludes zeros.  Right?

Thus if you climb a decent European climb of around 2-3 hours up at 280w and decent without pedalling like most climbs in Europe allows you to do.........

Do that twice and you have your 6 hours high NP value.  I would be more interested in the rest of the stats to get a complete picture before judging.......

But that is just me.

Ok, try 40 plus minutes at 6.7w/kg and times faster than known dopers up some iconic climbs....the repeated TUEs for cortisone give me a pretty good idea of why this is.

Unfortunately you'll never see the rest of the stats as Sky doesn't like to share. Ever wonder why that is?

I wonder why CF would post that picture if it was dubious.....

Like his post from Apr 17 about Burry

post-182-0-81972700-1429688396_thumb.png

Well......without sounding gullible or stupid..........

NP excludes zeros. Right?

Thus if you climb a decent European climb of around 2-3 hours up at 280w and decent without pedalling like most climbs in Europe allows you to do.........

Do that twice and you have your 6 hours high NP value. I would be more interested in the rest of the stats to get a complete picture before judging.......

But that is just me.

More or less exclude the zeros yeah

The algorithm thing

Did you see the total ascent - over 4000m - that'll warm me up? He was training with Porte who is peaking for Giro.

I'm not interested in a doping tribunal here ????.

That's the UCI's task.

Just a fan of them PROs.

Edited by ' Dale

More or less exclude the zeros yeah

The algorithm thing

Did you see the total ascent - over 4000m - that'll warm me up? He was training with Porte who is peaking for Giro.

I'm not interested in a doping tribunal here .

That's the UCI's task.

Just a fan of them PROs.

Funny enough I was on Tenerife the same time as Froome / Sky was (did not know at the time) :oops:

First time I have been there and can see why so many teams go there to train, nice weather and no shortage of climbs, even the golf courses around the coast are up and down the whole time :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

BUMP

Started this thread a few seasons ago

Here's a resuscitation effort  :thumbup:

Edited by 'Dale

Some interesting comments from a few years back.

This will not end well.....

Very interesting reading indeed  :whistling:

When and what is his season opener?

I think he's racing that Cadel Evans race - now classified as a World Tour race