Project Wifes Bike...Complete

Capcha

So i got this old clapper from my mom which was up in the room of the garage for the last 25years. As you can imagine, it had rust on every mm of the bike. So i decide this would be nice for my wife if I restore it for her. She laughs knowing I am not the best handy man around and says we can rather buy her a old school bike. Never the less, i get the nod to fix it up. Man did i not know what i was getting myself in for. By the first week i was already questioning my sanity and buying a bike for her was becoming more of a reality and by the 50th time of a screw driver driving its way in to my flesh i almost gave up hope. By the way, swearing does help the pain. So after about 3-4 weeks, i have finally finished and i think it is bitter sweet. Apart from the wheels that were sprayed and rebuilt, i did everything else. Yes even the basket i built myself, not the weeving but the sourcing and leather strap. Only thing that remain is the chain goes on tonight and 2 cables for the brakes.

post-7550-0-46703800-1354810142_thumb.jpg

post-7550-0-73538100-1354810150_thumb.jpg

post-7550-0-39794800-1354810159_thumb.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im no good at powder coating so went with normal paint then took frame once i had painted it to a panel beating shop for them to clear coat it as they use a very durable lacquer as a finishing gloss

Stunning Capcha!

.And you say you are not a handyman. You underestimate yourself. Well done looks great I am sure your wife is a happy girl.

Hope we see it out on the road sometime!!!!!

U and me both tube. she bought herself a 9k Trek in June and used it maybe 5 times and now all i do is pump the tires. Hope this does not go that way either, i will be miffed.