Lowlights of 2012

jcza

Bloody bitching pancy Brit! Just the fact that he even mentions that he considered leaving the tour that evening without even taking on Froome (with whom he obviously had an issue) just show the class (or lack there of) he has. Clearly no regard or respect for his team then. The incident outside the hospital is also a clear confirmation that he is nothing more than a glorified "trainspotter"!

May Nibali rape him in the 2013 Giro

Agreed, I won't mind at all if Hesjedal, Froom, Nibali, Contador, El Purito or even Andy rips him apart on the steep slopes in 2013. Also hope Cancellara can get back in form to p!ss on Wiggo in the timetrails.

A lot of good riders did not come to their rights in 2012, hope we see the big guns back in action next year!

Edited by rudi-h

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cunego's solo exploit on the last mountain stage of the 2012 Giro and leaving Scarponi isolated and having to look after himself when he was fighting for GC.

I always liked Cunego, thought he was one of the more amicable riders around, but I have since changed my opinion.!

Cunego's solo exploit on the last mountain stage of the 2012 Giro and leaving Scarponi isolated and having to look after himself when he was fighting for GC.

I always liked Cunego, thought he was one of the more amicable riders around, but I have since changed my opinion.!

When Cunego exploded onto the scene i really thought he was going to be one of the best ever. The little Prince neve really came to full potential

When Cunego exploded onto the scene i really thought he was going to be one of the best ever. The little Prince neve really came to full potential

Yeah, his Giro win catapulted him into the world spotlight, especially as he beat his own team leader and Italian favorite Simoni. He never really featured again in the grand tours, some say its because he was clean, I know he was one of the few who took that very vocal pledge a few years back to ride clean, but he has done well in the big one day events and has remained fairly subdued and below the media radar, which I also liked, but that move at the Giro was just ridiculous, big star, big ego, big mistake.................I believe Scarponi lost due to his move, which in the end turned out to be totally in vain.

Yeah, his Giro win catapulted him into the world spotlight, especially as he beat his own team leader and Italian favorite Simoni. He never really featured again in the grand tours, some say its because he was clean, I know he was one of the few who took that very vocal pledge a few years back to ride clean, but he has done well in the big one day events and has remained fairly subdued and below the media radar, which I also liked, but that move at the Giro was just ridiculous, big star, big ego, big mistake.................I believe Scarponi lost due to his move, which in the end turned out to be totally in vain.

I loved the look he gave before he dropped Simoni that year! Cunego, alas, was a mommy's boy - quite literally - and he suffered for it.

Walter Weylandt fatally crashing in the Giro. RIP

That happened in 2011.

The Tour de France in general was a lowlight for me. Sky was dominant and Wiggo deserved the victory but the complete inability of any of the other contenders to compete made it boring.

The end of Team 360Life is also right up there.

EDIT: and it's Wouter Weylandt

Edited by Squier

That happened in 2011.

EDIT: and it's Wouter Weylandt

I'm trying to forget 2012. You just reminded me of it again. Damnit, back to therapy again.

Ok might as well. Lance, UCI, Contador, CAS, Frankie, Wiggins, George. Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Oh yes, and my crap Argus!

Edited by MCipollini

Ok might as well. Lance, UCI, Contador, CAS, Frankie, Wiggins, George. Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Oh yes, and my crap Argus!

Remember that your Argus was still better than Lances' onebiggrin.png

i would have to say the low is looking at next years elite and pro teams that was released a week ago. Alot of names not in the big teams. sponsors pulling out of the sport...sad